PDA

View Full Version : vcr to dvd

roger_rabbit29
8th July 2004, 00:38
what do i have to do or get to make a vcr tape to record on a dvd-rw drive without having to use the computor.....the machine has it's own vcr and records on a dvd-rw disk vut everytime i try to back up the tapes it say's that it is copy writed and will not record

Dimmer
8th July 2004, 09:31
If you're talking about VCR and DVD recorder in one machine then you can't back up copyrighted (commercial) tapes. You'll need a separate VCR and a box that defeats Macrovision copy protection. Since these boxes are illegal in the US, they are called instead color correction boxes or color stabilizers. Also referred to as SIMA boxes. Should be around $50 - $100.

roger_rabbit29
10th July 2004, 18:40
thanks that was what i was looking for..
:D

mknowles1970
15th September 2005, 13:32
hi I want to know if I can take a VCR tape and put it on DVD with a VCR and my computer? If so, how do I do that?

syc0pathic
15th September 2005, 16:14
hi I want to know if I can take a VCR tape and put it on DVD with a VCR and my computer? If so, how do I do that?U need a video capture card and the mic input on your sound card. Quality will not be great.

mknowles1970
16th September 2005, 02:04
can you tell me step for step how I need to do this?

feedback
16th September 2005, 03:50
@mknowles1970
We have a whole forum dedicated to the subject of capturing video located Right Here. (http://forum.doom9.org/forumdisplay.php?f=10)

Read the guides and other threads that are posted for more info. It's not to difficult but you won't learn it overnight.

I am afraid you are going to have to do your own leg work.

But hey, Welcome to doom9!

Regards,:)

CWR03
16th September 2005, 05:05
If you're going to buy something to capture video, do yourself a favor and get one with a hardware encoder, which won't use system resources while it's capturing.