PDA

View Full Version : MPEG2 playback in MP9

DrFresh
23rd June 2004, 15:20
I have two computers running XP and having MP9 installed. On the one I can play mpg2 (SVCD) in MP but not on the other. That is - it plays upsidedown on the other. I know I some time ago installed something on the one PC in order to fix this. But I've searched and searched but can't find it or remember what is was. Anybody know the solution?

Thanks!

Dr. Fresh

eb
23rd June 2004, 15:32
It seems that there is lack of mpeg2 codec.
Instal VLCplayer and be independent of M$ system.

eb

DrFresh
23rd June 2004, 16:56
Why is it SO often, that people doesn't answer the question asked??:devil: You see that all the time:angry:

Well I try again: Does anybody remember/know what to install on XP to make WMP play mpeg2/SVCD? And I'm NOT asking for player recommendations - I have a lot of other players that works just fine, and do not bother to tell you why I then want it to play in WMP...

Dr. Fresh

eb
23rd June 2004, 17:02
Try reread my first sentence.

DrFresh
24th June 2004, 08:46
Well yes - I have reread it. But what codec is it - where can I get it? I've searched, but can't find any that works...

***EDIT***

I found a freeware MPEG-2 codec, that actually solved my problem (and a related problem as well!). So thanks!

***EDIT***

Dr. Fresh

McoreD
24th June 2004, 10:42
Can you render it properly in GraphEdit? Does it play upside down in that too? Seems like a inproper MPEG2 codec installation. Try installing a DVD Player like WinDVD which will install a decent MPEG2 decoder.

*Edit:* Glad you have sorted of the problem.

davexnet
25th June 2004, 00:09
I'm using a couple (video and audio) of dshow filters by Nvidia.
Not sure where I got them from,
but it's just two files - nvauddec.ax and nvviddec.ax and a couple of BAT files to register and unregister them.
As soon as these files are registered, mpg2, svcd and dvd will play.

I've got them in a common location, and access them from windows 98
and windows 2000 (dual boot) works great.

Dave

Movieslut
27th July 2005, 15:46
Well yes - I have reread it. But what codec is it - where can I get it? I've searched, but can't find any that works...

***EDIT***

I found a freeware MPEG-2 codec, that actually solved my problem (and a related problem as well!). So thanks!

***EDIT***

Dr. Fresh

which codec was/is it and where did you find it?
thanks