PDA

View Full Version : question about crossbars and graphedit (concerns audio and ASUS tv880)

emazur
18th June 2004, 13:49
I have an ASUS TV880 card with latest drivers and I plan on contacting ASUS about this problem, but thought I'd try here first. Anyway, this card seems to have problems correctly initializing the crossbar, which results in no sound during preview or recording on nearly all capture programs (such as virtual vcr, windvd recorder, ulead videostudio) except cyberlink's software. My setup has svideo in with audio line in (and is correctly configured in the capture programs and audio mixer). Upon the capture soft startup preview there is no audio (can be fixed by reinitializing the crossbar in the program). But whether or not there is audio in the preview doesn't matter, if I press the "capture" button the audio goes silent. Most softwares will lock you out of configuring options during a capture, I found I can reinitialize the audio using the following method:
start GraphEdit
Graph -> Insert Filters.
WDM Streaming Crossbar Devices -> select ASUS TV880 Crossbar -> Insert filter -> close
output -> select audio decoder out (don't change anything) -> reselect video decoder out -> apply

This method will let me capture both audio and video (though the first couple seconds will be silent while I am doing the graphedit trick). So if somebody knows how to fix this without graphedit's intervention that would be great. But otherwise:
1) can I somehow force a "lock" in the crossbar svideo to line in?
or if not
2) is there someway i can simply run a script to do this graphedit trick automatically? if so, how?
Thanks for taking the time to read