PDA

View Full Version : dvd subtitle problems

anaconda
2nd June 2004, 15:04
Hello

Have a big problem
Now how to put subtitle for a dvd movie...the problem is whith the subtitle... hwo are not sinconized (times) .Betwen original subtitle extract from a dvd and a subtitle for a div-x movie is everytime diferents whith the time .

for example : from the dvd subtitle the first dialogue start from

00.00.55:10

and from a subtiltle hwo have find (for Div-x ...example )

00.00.24:09

What can do ?
in the middle of the subtitle it starts to delay
and at the end is ok again

castellanos
2nd June 2004, 15:27
Hi, you can try to synch the subtitles with "Subtitle Workshop".
May be there is a diference of frapes in the subs for DivX you found, probably your DVD is PAL 25fps, and the subs you got is 24fps or something else.
Try to save your subtitle file with "Subtitle Workshop"(I don't know what you got: srt, ssa...etc) in the same frapes as you DVD file, if that doesn't work, you may have to synch. every subtitle... That's a very hard work.
I hope it helps!
Greetings!

anaconda
2nd June 2004, 16:36
my dvd movie is pal 25 Fps,,,,,my subtitle for div-x is a 25 fps too

castellanos
3rd June 2004, 00:06
Yeah, it can happen too. So then, you will have to follow my second option: Try to synch every subs with "Subtitle Worshop".
There is may be another possibility, also with "Subtitle Workshop": If your subs start later and at the end are ok, you can just set the time of the first line and the last one, and let "Subtitle Workshop" to correct them automathic... but I am not sure if that is going to work.
Greetings!

anaconda
10th June 2004, 01:37
bulls..t CASTELLANO
you dont understand

my dvd movie is pal 25 Fps,,,,,my subtitle for div-x is a 25 fps too

What you say is ....
the problem is whit the people how are make the subtitle..they are dont make (under) whit the original subtitle DVD (the time)

castellanos
10th June 2004, 10:09
:readrule:

Hey! I'm just trying to help! nothing else.
If you don't like what I wrote, just don't pay attention...
I'm sorry it didn't help.

smiller667
12th June 2004, 15:15
Try subresync to set multiple sync points. It is in the vobsub package, btw.

anaconda
29th June 2004, 15:13
smiller667
have that program...subresync,, but she dot help me. Can you told me how to.

smiller667
29th June 2004, 15:32
Try .\docs\subresync.txt in your vobsub dir for a pretty good description of how to use it (I couldn't give a better description), simply use multiple waypoints.

Are you sure that the video and subs are for the same version of the movie? It might be a different cut.