PDA

View Full Version : Converting AVI to a PAL Format. What Software???

DoC hEx
20th May 2004, 07:15
I’m trying to create a DVD from a couple of different AVI files. My problem is that they all have different frame rates and sound quality. What I’m looking for is a program that will allow any source file and reformatted the output to standard PAL, which I can then author onto a DVD.

I’ve setup AVS scripts to convert all of the AVIs to the right resolution and outputted this into a huffyuv codec format. I’ve looked at using something like VirtualDub to change the playback frame rate, but will affect the syncing of the audio playback timings?

Or is there an easier way? I’m new to DVD/NLE but I know enough about stand encode to know it is possible. I’m just looking for the right tools. What would you guys recommend?

rfmmars
21st May 2004, 16:32
Yes there is a program that does all of that with ease.

Magix' Movie edit pro (MEP2004) List $99.95 US In Europe its Video Deluxe Plus 2004 - 2005

www.magix.com

Mix all the clips you want. Mix format, mixed standards. Encode PAL or NTSC.

richard
www.photorecall.net

Arky
30th May 2004, 19:26
Canopus ProCoder Express (http://www.canopus.us/US/products/procoder_express/pm_procoder_express.asp) or Canopus ProCoder 2 (http://www.canopus.us/US/products/ProCoder2/pm_procoder2.asp) are not NLEs in their own right, but they are excellent PAL<=>NTSC standards converters, so you could use either of these to conform your disparate source files to one standard, and in one codec, and then import these files into any NLE of your choice.

Arky ;o)

stickboy
10th June 2004, 08:19
Originally posted by DoC hEx
I’ve setup AVS scripts to convert all of the AVIs to the right resolution and outputted this into a huffyuv codec format. I’ve looked at using something like VirtualDub to change the playback frame rate, but will affect the syncing of the audio playback timings?Why not use AviSynth to adjust the frame rates too?

eb
10th June 2004, 16:58
@ DoC hEx,

Please upload samples from .avi's ca. 3MB each.Try to use my web as bellow:
ftp://www.eb.enterpol.pl
user: www.eb.enterpol.pl
password : eb

eb

DoC hEx
11th June 2004, 00:15
Thanks for the Offer Eb! But I've storted my self out of the moment.