PDA

View Full Version : Help with QuEnc

happycase
14th May 2004, 20:10
Yes, I read the guides. Yes, especially the DVDtoAVI and DVD Rebuilder guide, but the answer I was looking for was not found. And I know to some of you this question is dumb, and I'll look like an idiot, but so be it.

While using DVD Rebuilder, with QuEnc, I keep getting an error message telling my to add ConvertToYV12() at the end of my script. First of all, I have no idea what script the program is making reference to. Is it making the assumption that I created a scrpit to an avi file I did not create? I know, in another part of the doom9 forum, someone else addressed this problem. However, they were using Rebuilder after using DVD to AVI to make an AVI file, and then, I assume, directed DVD Rebuilder to their avi files. Nowhere in the guide to setting up and using DVD Rebuilder did it say that users had to make AVI files when using QuEnc to them, so I assume that following up on that path would lead me to a dead end. So, I've been loading my original DVD files into Rebuilder, and trying to use QuEnc to make a shrunk DVD. To the preciptation of this error message!

Help would be greatly appreciated!

lamster
14th May 2004, 21:44
Originally posted by happycase
I keep getting an error message telling my to add ConvertToYV12() at the end of my script.

If in Rebuilder you select Options / AVS Options, is "ConvertToYUY2()" checked? If not, perhaps checking it would help?

happycase
14th May 2004, 22:21
Yes, I have tried checking ConvertToYUY2(), and also unchecking ConvertToYUY2(). There is no difference in the error message I recieve when it is either selected or not. Nope, while I'm thankful for your suggestion, I've already it.

JDay
15th May 2004, 00:39
You're probably configured incorrectly, somehow. You'll get the "use converttoyv12()" error any time the avisynth script isn't outputting. The "converttoyuy2()" is ignored if you're using QuEnc (it's just replaced with yv12). Try the following:
1. Make sure you have Avisynth installed.
2. Make sure you have mpeg2dec3dg.dll in the avisynth plugins directory.
3. If you're using the deinterlace function make sure you have decomb.dll.
4. make sure these are current (avisynth 2.5.4, decodefix 1.1.0, decomb 5.1.1), and that your plugins are for the right version of avisynth.
5. Go to the "d2vavs" folder in your working directory and try to play one of the .avs files, see if you get an error.

three_dee
16th May 2004, 10:10
a friend of mine had a similar problem using QuEnc with DVD-RB, however, updating avisynth solved it completly.

jdobbs
16th May 2004, 14:14
As was suggested by JDay, look in the ...\D2VAVS directory. You will see several files that have the extension ".AVS" -- that is an AVISYNTH script file. You can open it with wordpad or notepad. See if the ConvertToYV12() statement is there. I think it will be, because DVD-RB knows that it is required by QuEnc and puts it there if you have it selected. Next, open the file with Windows Media Player and see if you get a message written in red across the screen. I think that is probably what you will see.

I'd also suggest you reinstall AVISYNTH.

happycase
16th May 2004, 20:10
Hey, reinstalling AVISYNTH worked! No ConvertToYV12() message!

But, halfway through the rebuilding phase of the operation, I got a Runtime 6 Overflow Error.:rolleyes: Since I'm running on an AMD 900mhz. CPU (about twenty hours, because of the error, down the drain), I'm sure all of you can understand if I just ask what the heck is up with this and how to correct it, and not just go through trial and error checking off boxes to see what works. And yes, I did look in the forums, and saw a topic with a title that looked like it might address my question. And as much as I would have liked to have my questions answered then and there, I couldn't understand a word of that the posters were saying. Proper English, dudes!;)

jdobbs
16th May 2004, 21:38
Answering these questions would help:

What version of DVD-RB are you using?
What version of CCE are you using?
What is the title of the DVD you're attempting to backup?
Did you only use DVD-RB or was there other software involved?

Thanks.

happycase
16th May 2004, 21:53
DVD RB version 0.48
No virtual drives or anything, just used DVD Decrypter 3.1.7.0 to get the files into an empty folder.
QuEnc version 0.51, I don't want to deal with (pay for) CCE, or the trial versions leaving watermarks.
I tried backing up Evil Dead 2. It has seperate widescreen and fullscreen versions, and no multiple angles or anything that might screw DVD Rebuilder up.

Thanks for any help!

Tore
16th May 2004, 22:17
Your using a very old version of Dvddecrypter.
Have you tried using the latest version??
(v3.2.2.0 i think it is).

happycase
17th May 2004, 00:57
I could try upgrading my version of DVD Decrypter. Would it likely help? I wouldn't think there is a big difference between 3.1 and 3.2, but there could be. As I said earlier, I really don't want to spend time on things that couldwork if someone out there has a definitive answer.

And I'm only having trouble with the rebuilding phase. The Encoding and everything is fine, but rebuilding...:mad:

jdobbs
17th May 2004, 10:49
Originally posted by happycase
I could try upgrading my version of DVD Decrypter. Would it likely help? I wouldn't think there is a big difference between 3.1 and 3.2, but there could be. As I said earlier, I really don't want to spend time on things that couldwork if someone out there has a definitive answer.

And I'm only having trouble with the rebuilding phase. The Encoding and everything is fine, but rebuilding...:mad: Here's a quote from the readme file:
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Ensure you are using DVD Decrypter version 3.2.1.0 or above.