PDA

View Full Version : autoplay project

emdiem
12th May 2004, 15:29
I have a problem here that perhaps can be solved with Director (from Adobe) but then .. i dont know that program.

What i want to do is to place an mpeg2 file, or xvid/divx, on a CDROM disk and when inserted to the PC it will autoload the movie in a windows of a specified size. the rest arround the movie i want black.
So its no fullscreen, but like 600/480 and the rest is black, nothing of windows is shown.

The porouse is for demonstration, want to send this CDR to people to demonstrate our work, in a videofilm.

Is there anyway for this to be made? If the person dont have codec its runned from CDR to temp, nothing installing, just playing.

impossible perhaps?

Dimmer
13th May 2004, 01:13
If you indeed find this impossible, use Macromedia Flash - that's how most of the demo discs done. Of course, it will take a bit of work to convert your movie to the Flash format, but guaranteed to work if done properly.

emdiem
13th May 2004, 21:06
it is possible to import movies into a flash movie .. hmm .. but still not good becouse codects must be made..

looks like director is something i have to learn

celtic_druid
13th May 2004, 21:48
Director is also from Macromedia and it is not that hard to use.

Easiest way to do what you want would be to create a project with the stage size set to 640x480 with a black background. Drop your MPEG2 file onto the score and then drag it out to its full length. Then save it out as a projector. May also wish to disable the titlebar, etc.

It will then load, play the mpg and close.

BlackSun
15th May 2004, 20:01
there is also DemoShield, it's kinda widely used

echo
23rd May 2004, 23:51
You can do this with mplayer. Go get a copy from http://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/win32-beta/MPlayer-mingw32-1.0pre4.zip The command line you will have to use is something like
mplayer -fs -vf expand=-200:-200:100:100,yuy2 video.avi
make this run with the autorun.ini thing and you're done. Of course you will have to include mplayer.exe in the CD as well. No codecs or anything else needed.

Note: I put yuy2 in the commandline because otherwise I get overlay problems under windows. But maybe that's just my laptop's crappy video card. :p