PDA

View Full Version : Problem with "use frame selection"

dosdan
9th May 2004, 12:10
v1.2.2 build 1. Doing DVD to DVD with TMPGenc. I'm bewildered by all the screens that now offer directory selections. I tried setting everything to L:\Movie (where the VOBs are) except for CD Image and Encoder which I set to L:\MovIe\Out. I've got three problems:

1. I can't use frame selection. If I tick this, after I've selected the range to process and clicked on OK I get "Can't create L:\Movie\out\dVd2avi_project_file.d2v". It works OK if I just process the whole move. I can see I've got a L:\Movie\out\dVd2avi_project_file.d2v after the job is finished. Anyone else having problems?

2. The above occurs if, when I go I select Rip and Convert and I answer to the Select Directory (is this the output directory - the window title does not clearly indicate), when presented, "L:\movie\out". If I select L:\Movie instead at this stage I get "the process can not access the file because it is being used by another process".

3. What is a good directory structure for each tab?

I've noticed that I've now got two copies of DVD2SVCD.INI, one in L:\movie (where the [Folders] section entries are all L:\movie), the other is in L:\movie\out (where the [Folder] section entries all point to L:\movie\out). Most confusing.

Nick
9th May 2004, 14:47
1. I cannot reproduce your error - Frame selections works perfectly for me in DVD2DVD with TMPGEnc.

2. Have you only got one instance od DVD2SVCD running? Perhaps one of the applications from a failed encode is still running. Try deleting the contents of your output folders and restarting your machine.

3. Select a default output folder using the button in the Misc tab. Let everything output to that and see if anything changes.

Let us know if it helps (or not)

Cheers
Nick

r6d2
10th May 2004, 01:42
Originally posted by dosdan
1. I can't use frame selection. If I tick this, after I've selected the range to process and clicked on OK I get "Can't create L:\Movie\out\dVd2avi_project_file.d2v". It works OK if I just process the whole move.I have seen this error when the source is a telecine and DVD2SVCD tries to use IVTC on it (when force filming was not possible). Please check if this is the case.
3. What is a good directory structure for each tab?I personally use the "defaults". You define them only once: Source, Audio, Video, Muxed and Subs. Keeps everything clean. Then I select a new parent directory for each movie.

dosdan
13th May 2004, 03:24
Originally posted by r6d2
I have seen this error when the source is a telecine and DVD2SVCD tries to use IVTC on it (when force filming was not possible). Please check if this is the case.
I personally use the "defaults". You define them only once: Source, Audio, Video, Muxed and Subs. Keeps everything clean. Then I select a new parent directory for each movie.

Yep, it was. One of the few NTSC DVDs I own. Most of my stuff is PAL. Did not happen last night when I did a test frame selection with a PAL disk. Won't bother me as I'm a PAL user - I just happened to do a partial test encode on a NTSC disk. I can image it must trouble NTSC users. Wonder why it is still around?

I got the directory structure sorted out.

r6d2
13th May 2004, 04:08
Originally posted by dosdan
I can image it must trouble NTSC users. Wonder why it is still around?It is a PITA, but only if:

1. force filming was not possible, and
2. source is an hybrid, and
3. D2S decides to use IVTC, and
4. you use frame selection.

I guess that this being such an uncommon situation DVD2SVCD has not looked into it yet.