PDA

View Full Version : Huffyuv v2.1.1 - CCESP Patch v0.2.2

Stan64
9th May 2004, 01:01
I got this wierd version off hufyuv when I installed trial off CCE SP. And I wonder if it is good to have ot should I try to get the old one. There is a wierd option about threshold and the info talks about doing it interlaced if there is morel ines than threshold. O_O

Can someone explain and give me a link to a better version if this is bad?

hartford
9th May 2004, 04:34
You should be OK at leaving it at 288 lines.

This works for both NTSC and PAL. I use NTSC and it
works for me. It should work for PAL.

Does that answer your question?

Stan64
10th May 2004, 10:12
No not really, can you explain the option. It says something about encoding video interlaced if it exceeds the threshhold.

Do it interlace the interlaced video? Or is it a option that checks if you have a high resolution and saves the format as it is and in low resolutions discards the lines and you get a non-interlaced picture.

Arachnotron
10th May 2004, 13:15
From the html readme:

Field Threshold
# When I added the YUY2 stuff described above, I discovered a hardcoded threshold that will trigger progressive or field based compression. Something that was not acceptable, as NTSC has a threshold of 240,
# Progressive Frames have none at all.

I simply added another entry in huffyu.ini and added a way to edit it in the configuration dialog.
You can change the value to any number between 1 and 16384.

If you're processing NTSC video, you should set it to 240, so that material with more than 240 lines will use interlaced compression. For PAL the original value of 288 is right.

If you are doing progressive material, setting it to 480 or 576 lines will compress even video at this resolution progressive. This should result in better compression.

If you set this option correctly you will get properly separated fields when using "Reduce Resolution", if not, your fields will be blended, or you will have lower quality.

By the way, I don't think setting this wrong will kill your video. But setting this correct will increase compression.