PDA

View Full Version : Error: Item.ecl is not an ECL for CCE-SP

g wiz
6th May 2004, 03:56
Hi all. Can a DVD-RB expert please help me out with this problem? I have gotten this message for each version of CCE that I have tried (2.50, 2.62, 2.67, etc), and both versions of eclCCE that i have tried (1.7, 1.8). Any ideas what I'm doing wrong here? I know to point the DVD-RB setup to the eclcce, I've done that. I've tried clicking the box that says "add the mpeg2dec3dg to AVS file." No luck. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

RB
6th May 2004, 08:13
You have a mismatch between "Options - CCE Options" and the version of CCE you pointed at in "Options - Setup". Most likely you have "CCE Basic (v2.67+)" selected in Options - CCE Options when you really want to use CCE-SP 2.67. In this case you must set the path to "CCE SP (New)" in Setup and then select "CCE SP (v2.66+)" in Options - CCE Options. Once you've set everything correctly, you also have to run prepare again.

@jdobbs
At some point I think you'll have to make CCE setup less, uh, confusing :) It's just too easy to get wrong when you have to match things in two places. I'd suggest a single CCE setup screen where you use radio buttons to select which CCE version to use, for example

CCE Version Path

[X] CCE-Basic [ ][Browse]

[ ] CCE-SP 2.50 [ ][Browse]

[ ] CCE-SP 2.66+ [ ][Browse]

g wiz
6th May 2004, 13:46
RB,

You're exactly right, I did have that mixed up. Thanks. What about the box that says add MPEG2DEC3DG.DLL to AVS file? Should I check it? Does it make any difference? Thanks again.

RB
6th May 2004, 16:00
Read the stickies in this forum.

Trahald
7th May 2004, 03:37
Or maybe a semi-sanity check that warns you if you hit process but do not have a path selected for the version of cce you have selected (or no cce paths selected)