PDA

View Full Version : Ritek G03 Discontinued?! So, what do we order now?

LB
4th May 2004, 22:59
Apparantly, and this is just a guess mind you, but the low prices on g03 discs at meritline were because they have been getting rid of stock. Since 8x discs are out, they have this false belief no one wants 1x (or 2x if you hacked your pioneer) discs anymore. I'm just basing this on the fact that g03 can't be ordered on meritline.com anymore, the link is still there, but that's it.

So, what do we order now? Like, I've heard people have had problems with g04 because they are not made the same way. Is there some general consensus on what's a disc that will give us zero problems like the g03, and also the most bang for our buck?

gooki
6th May 2004, 12:16
I stocked up on ritek g03 and gsc01 discs early this year (500 or each). The gsc discs have a cheaper feel to them, but they preform very well in the readback stakes.

atreides93
6th May 2004, 20:57
I haven't heard any problems with the G04's...what problems?

Just use those...

geffroman
20th May 2004, 11:56
BeAll is all we use now... Blows Ritek anything away...

There is a link on our site direct to our supplier if you wanna check it out...

daehkcid
20th May 2004, 14:18
Any BeAll in CAnada?

jmonfm
22nd May 2004, 22:43
Yes all of us oldies with Pioneer DVR-A03 writers are going to have to upgrade as these drives can't see the 4x discs even with the 2.0 firmware upgrade. However all is not lost yet as the Ritek G03 discs are still available from www.svp.co.uk but for how long - who knows?
New writer on the way then? - maybe a nice dual layer one ??

LB
23rd May 2004, 09:24
Originally posted by geffroman
BeAll is all we use now... Blows Ritek anything away...

There is a link on our site direct to our supplier if you wanna check it out...

Well, I don't want to doubt a disc I have not tried, but I think your statement that it "blows ritek...away" is incorrect as I have never had an issue with any of the hundreds of G03's I've burnt. So there is not much to blow away is there :p

Joergen
24th May 2004, 02:10
I trust geffroman's judgement but sadly BeAll isnt available outside the US from what I've gathered. I'd surely buy some if it was. Not that I've had much problems with Ritek products though, but it would be nice to have an equal or even better low-cost alternative.

Then again the current 1.3 price for a Verbatim 4X hub-Printable in jewel case is almost reason to stop using any lesser brands :)