PDA

View Full Version : out of synch after i join them.

spiderman
4th May 2004, 11:00
I have 2 halves of a movie i want to burn onto dvd..but when ever i join the 2 together the second half audio is always out of synch.

the movie is an avi...i used virtual dub mod to join the 2 halves together then extracted the audio from it.

but even if i just extract the audio from 1 half first and encode it using tmpeg then do the same with the second half..then merge them both using tmpeg, i get the same problem.

can anyone give me any idea's on what to try please.

Thanks

Spidy.

killingspree
4th May 2004, 11:32
well this problem is caused by your audio stream in the first video file. this audio stream is most likely too short (video ends after audio).

you can fix that, by simply cutting the last frames of the video so that audio and video end at the same time! then you can easily append the second video file without fearing sync issues!

cheers
steVe

spiderman
4th May 2004, 14:07
thanks..but how do i do that? what program etc ?

oddyseus
4th May 2004, 14:16
Load the audio in cooledit and writedown its length, thrn u can trim the excessive frames of the video in virtualdub mod.

CoolEdit is one of the audio editors that u can use.

spiderman
4th May 2004, 14:53
so i have to extract the audio first from the movie then load it into cooledit?

do i extract the audio seperatly from each of the 2 halves of the movie?

echooff
4th May 2004, 15:21
Just the first half. This is only so you can find out how much to trim. After trimming, you can then join the two halves.

stephanV
4th May 2004, 15:53
hmmm

isnt the audiolength also given in the file info of virtualdub?
seems a bit a waste of time to extract and load it into another program

just go to file--->file info and check the length of the audio stream, then trim

spiderman
4th May 2004, 16:04
ok lookied at thie info in virtual dub and the first half says..the video length is 1:06:44:71
audio length is 1:06:44:67

2nd half is video 1:11:18:19
and audio is 1:11:18:15

this is like learning hebrew :confused:

Spidy

sarahjh69
4th May 2004, 16:10
the answer is.....don't join em.

recode each file using TMPGencoder to mpeg
(i find seperate audio and vidoe files to work best)

use TMPG DVD Author to load both mpeg files onto 1 dvd track
sound will be in sync and you end up with properly authored
VOB files.

echooff
4th May 2004, 16:19
ok lookied at thie info in virtual dub and the first half says..the video length is 1:06:44:71 audio length is 1:06:44:67

Right trim off a little off the end of part one. At that point audio and video will match. The join them.

sarahjh69 method is also very good and how I would do it.

spiderman
4th May 2004, 16:20
all i want is the easiest way to do this..and whats a vob file?

echooff
4th May 2004, 16:26
Using you description from the first post. At the point where you use virtualdub to join them, don't. Get a copy of tmpgenc dvdauthor from Pegasys (15 day fully functional trial) and load each half. under the same title. Works like a charm every time. A vob is the container that holds the audio, video, subs, menus on a dvd

spiderman
4th May 2004, 16:53
so what does tmpeg dvd author enable me to do...do i need to use tmpeg to encode the 2 halves first then insert them into dvd author..if this part is correct i have done this..and am awaiting instuctions.

echooff
4th May 2004, 16:59
Tmpg DvdAuthor takes the output from Tmpgenc and authors a dvd. Gives you menus(even motion menus if desired) and the correct file structure for a workable dvd. You can then burn it to a dvd with dvdauthors burning program(comes included) or use your favorite burning proggie.

spiderman
4th May 2004, 17:14
ok..so i have just added the 2 halves of this movie into tmpeg dvd author..now do i click on begin output ?

and doing it this way will it sort out the synch problem?

ammck55
4th May 2004, 17:35
Have you seen Doom9's TMPGEnc DVD Author Guide (http://www.doom9.org/mpg/tmpg-dvdauthor.htm)? It might give you some good clues.

ammck55

echooff
4th May 2004, 18:06
Add the two halves. select the middle option at the top(I'm at work and can't remember what its called) this will open up the menu creation options. Play with taht until it is as you want, then select begin output. It will solve this particular sync problem, provided you put both of them under the same title set.

spiderman
4th May 2004, 19:32
ok..i have just added the 2 halves of the film (i have encoded them using tmpeg first) so i have one underneath the other in tmpeg author.
i clicked on output and made a video_ts folder then clicked on begin output.

then i used the dvd burning tool to burn the dvd and it works fine.
only one thing though..where the 2 halves join in the middle there is a bit of a jump and it repeates itself.

can i use the chapter edit to solve this?

Thanks again for your patients

Spidy.

echooff
5th May 2004, 13:31
Look at the two halve at the split. Trim the repeat off of the end of the first half. Don't try trimming from the beginning of the second half. That's asking for grief.

spiderman
5th May 2004, 17:13
ok i have tryed that..been trying for the last 2 hours to get the 2 halves smack on but i cannot do it without some kinda repeat..i am just gessing here..is there a way to do it with the timer or something ?