PDA

View Full Version : Ripping with subtitles (audio demux issue with r4r)

Burkey
4th May 2004, 00:25
Hey everyone

I've been backing up my DVDs for a while now with great success but never using subtitles before. I'm trying to now backup on with subtitles using robot4rip, but I know that demuxing is disabled with DVDDecrypter when subtitles are involved. Everything is done fine except for the audio, as none is demuxed when subtitles are used. How do I rip audio when I'm using robot4rip with subtitles? I did check the guide and found the issue but couldn't find (or understand) a solution. I know i'm probably just a bonehead :sly: but any help would be very much appreciated :D

many thanks in advance
Burkey

manono
4th May 2004, 01:13
Hi, and welcome to the forum-

but I know that demuxing is disabled with DVDDecrypter when subtitles are involved.

I don't understand. Just demux the audio as you always do. Subtitle creation is handled through a different process (VobSub). Whatever you do, do not demux the subtitle streams using DVDDecrypter (but that's not an option with R4R).

Is this the guide you're using:

http://www.doom9.org/r4r-guide.htm

And is there any clue to your problem in the log file that R4R creates?

Burkey
4th May 2004, 13:57
hmmmmm well i dont have the log file available at the moment but what happens is when DVDDecrypter runs, its says in the log "Demuxing Disabled" (because subtitles are involved). Then later on in the log it says that Besweet couldn't encode any audio as none was demuxed.

Hope this helps, thanks for the reply. If this doesn't help I'll get a log file. Thanks again.

Burkey

manono
4th May 2004, 15:00
Hi-

When you right-click the PGC Rip Icon, then you should see "Use DVDDecrypter if possible" and "Demux if possible" checked. But you shouldn't have "Extract subtitle bitmaps" checked. Extracting the subs will be done by VobSub later on in the process. Is that the way you have yours set up?

If it is and you still have the problem, then I would suggest disabling the Subs, and getting them later on manually by using the VobSub inside of GKnot.

I'm not positive that will solve your problem, but I hope it does.