PDA

View Full Version : Audio sync problems...

[GSV]Benny
3rd May 2004, 18:35
Hello,

I seem to be unable to fix problems i am having with audio going out of sync :(

I am trying to get my divx files to play on my DVD player :)

I encode the divx file with TMPEGnc to MPEG2 so it can be burned to a DVD-R, I only encode the video with TMPEGnc not the audio.

Once the video is encoded i start on the audio.

I extract the audio from the divx file as a .wav file using GoldWave.

Once i have my .wav file i make sure its the same lenght as the encoded MPEG2 video file. If its not the same lenght i use a feature in GoldWave called Time Wrap to make the audio the same lenght as the video.

Once the video and audio are the same lenght i use another program to convert the .wav file to a AC3 file.

Now i have my MPEG2 and AC3 files i use TMPGEnc DVD Author to make the DVD.

I have just watched the DVD and it seemed fine for the first 30 minutes then the audio went out of sync :(

Any ideas how to fix this problem ?

echo
4th May 2004, 14:20
Are you saving the wav files from goldwave as 44100Hz? If you do try using 48000Hz. They shouldn't have different lenghts anyway so you shouldn't have to use time wrap. I think besweet can also take avi as input so why don't you try that with the ac3enc plugin too?

regards
echo

[GSV]Benny
4th May 2004, 14:48
I just check GoldWave, i opened the .avi file then went to save the the .wav and in the Attributes it says "PCM signed 16 bit stero".

I have no idea if thats saving it as 44100Hz or 48000Hz, how could i find that out :confused:

Another thing is in the Attributes section there are loads of different ones to choose from, one is "AC3 ACM Decompressor 48.000kHz, stero" should i try saving it like that ?

Cheers

echooff
4th May 2004, 15:25
Instead of using goldwave, try virtualdub. Under audio use full processing, then under file-->save wav. Then BeSweet for final transcoding to desired format. I have never had a sync issue using this method.

[GSV]Benny
4th May 2004, 15:30
Originally posted by echooff
Instead of using goldwave, try virtualdub. Under audio use full processing, then under file-->save wav. Then BeSweet for final transcoding to desired format. I have never had a sync issue using this method.

Cheers will try that :)

/EDIT

I just used VirtualDub to save the .wav file from the video.

Just one thing i am unsure off.

The .wav file is 2:08:17 in lenght

The encoded MPEG2 file is 2:08:16 in lenght

So the audio is longer ?

Could this cause problems.