PDA

View Full Version : DVD-RB Error

Chevyman803
29th April 2004, 19:21
Okay, I looked around this time and I couldn't find any error like this, but it doesn't have a number with it.

It says "DVD-RB Error: There is nothing to do! DVD-RB couldn't locate appropriate files in working directory! You must PREPARE and ENCODE first. Aborting.

I've already retried this 4 times to see if it was just a one time thing, but it wasn't. This error comes up after PREPARING and ENCODING have already been done. the VIDEO_TS file was created with all the files except for the main movie VOB's. Its literally everything but them. Overall, the whole process only took like 8 minutes so there was no real long period of time in the two steps. The guide says the ENCODE step should take a while. Anyone got any clues on what I can do?

Joergen
29th April 2004, 19:53
-Did you make sure the Source path is not same as the working path?
-Did you enter a working path at all?

Source should be something like
D:\MOVIENAME\VIDEO_TS

Working path could be
D:\
but NOT the same as the source.

For CCE:
-Did you select the encoder (CCE hopefully) and its version
-Did you set the path to ECLCCE in the dvd-rb setup
-Did you run ECLCCE and point it to the CCE .exe

notes:

-Preparation should take about 5-15 minutes depending on HD speed.
-Encoding should take 2-8 hours depending on number of passes, CPU and material.
-Rebuild should take about 5-40 minutes depending on HD speed.

Chevyman803
29th April 2004, 20:11
I'll add the ECLCCE to my setup, but the guide said I didn't need to because I a real version of CCE SP. I had the source path and working path different and everything else I had selected.

Joergen
29th April 2004, 20:27
-Did you download the latest version of ECLCCE?
-Did you run the preparation while the correct version of CCE was ticked in the encoder settings of dvd-rb.

lab-one
29th April 2004, 20:50
I'll add the ECLCCE to my setup, but the guide said I didn't need to because I a real version of CCE SP. I had the source path and working path different and everything else I had selected.

If you are using CCE SP 2.50, you must use ECLCCE as CCE SP 2.50 does not provide command line support.

Chevyman803
30th April 2004, 00:01
Alright, thanks for the help. everything is workin now, i just added the eclcce to the setup and now the encoding is goin along as described. thanks again.