PDA

View Full Version : Sound pb after capturing

nonob
12th April 2004, 11:02
HI :)

I have a sound pb after acquisition of a cassette VHS, result of one evening filmed with its analogical video camera. I then connected my Akai video tape recorder with my PC: - Video composite on entry RCA of my graphics card Radeon 9200 Vivo, using last pilots CATALYST.

- analogical Audio L and R on entries RCA frontage (rack) of my sound card Sblive platinum 5.1, also possedant up to date drivers. The sound card of my Mother board Chaintech being disable from bios. I use Windows XP Pro Sp1a. I firstly used the software provided with my graphics board, PowerDirector Pro 2.5.

- I only have abbord made a test of video capture, by choosing encoding MPEG2: NO PB.
- I have then only make a test of capture audio(PCM 44100): NO PB.

But if I make a Video+Audio capture, when i play it, my sound is completely chopped and grésillant!! I just tried to use other formats of encoding for the video one and the audio and I same tested, then without encoding, but with another software called Virtual VCR, because PowerDirector Pro does not offer this option: same pb.

Test with Adobe Premiere and Windows movie maker: same pb.

Test on another hard disk only dedicated to my film: samepb.
Checking of option DMA of the hdd: OK.
I am finally say that I go Pb with my Windows. But after a new installation of XP Pro SP1a, without addition of software, same installing any pilot, except those of the graphics card for the video capture,
I carry out a test with Windows movie maker and still: SAME PROBLEM.
I think of Pb materiel.... but would wish to have your opinion on the question.
My last try would be to capture the video one and the audio separately but ........ If not, can you tell me which program corresponds more to my needs? By knowing that I use only the video analogical one, and would like to make incrustations of texts, mixer music over... making generic... etc.... Is adobe premiere it a good choice? Thank you in advance por your assistances @ +

And sorry for my english ;)

hartford
15th April 2004, 04:07
It is difficult to diagnose your problem.

It appears to me that you have a bandwidth problem.

You did not specify what Operating System; you did not
specify which motherboard that you have.

From what I have seen reguarding the SBLive and Audigy,
these soundcards use much resources (memory).

There is a problem with motherboards that use the VIA
KT133A chipset.

You did not specify any of this, so I can only speculate
as to what is your problem.

Please tell us what is your Operating System and what is
your motherboard.