PDA

View Full Version : DTS Error

Mephiston
30th March 2004, 00:18
Ok i finally got Alien backed up properly.

Only problem is when i play it, and go through the menu the movie starts and it says the Audio is DTS 2.0 and there is no sound.

If i click on one of the movie Vobs it's DTS 5.1 and plays fine.

How i did it is used DVDShrink to compress the menu and remove unwanted audio first, then went through all the steps to re-encode it. This is how I do all my movies and have never had a problem, the only thing done different with this one was Demux by Vob ID and Sceneaid. I converted the placeholder to data like sceneaid said.

I have looked at the IFO files but don't really know what to look for.

Any suggestions ??

jel
30th March 2004, 01:27
not exactly sure if this will help, but the problem could be a result of running the movie through DVDshrink prior to using DIF4U etc.
2cool has a guide on correcting stripped streams in 'shrink.
Correcting Stripped Stream Attributes Left After DVDShrink Transcoding (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=60444)
the other option to try first, is correcting the audio streams following a vobid demux. the methodology for this can be found:
1. the help file that comes with DIF4U
2. Eyes`Only Knowledge Base
3. Trilights guides
hope that helps
j

Mephiston
30th March 2004, 03:17
I think it's Doitfast4u as it named the DTS files as 2 channel.

I will try to find some info on how to fix them after a vobid demux.

jel
30th March 2004, 04:57
well now you have me totally confused .. i have never had any issues with incorrectly named audio and as far as i know, it is impossible to have a 2ch DTS file?!?!??!

Eyes`Only
30th March 2004, 04:58
This was corrected starting with beta version 1.4.5 (I think?). It was an issue until Light_UK fixed DVD Decrypter, then I was able to recode my app to use the fixes he made. This all happened right around the time 1.4.5 was rlsed, it wasn't possible before then.

hendrix
30th March 2004, 11:48
Originally posted by jel
well now you have me totally confused .. i have never had any issues with incorrectly named audio and as far as i know, it is impossible to have a 2ch DTS file?!?!??!
you're right...2ch DTS doesn't exist