PDA

View Full Version : Basic Subtitle Problem. SOS

pafkosta
8th March 2004, 13:05
I´m having a bit of a problem (i´m almost a nerve wreck) with putting subtitles into the mobie "Basic". The thing is; i´ve had the film for quite some time now, but the quality of the image wasn´t any good and the sound was only 2 ch. Altough, this DVD had subtitles in portuguese (that someone else not me have put in there). These subtitles were great and perfectly in sync with the movie. The thing is that I want to put this subtitles into the original dvd.
I´ve manage to do this using subrip to take the subs from my lower quality dvd, and after turning the srt. into ssa., used Maestro SBT to create the bmp. and son. file. After this I´ve used DVDDycrypter to demux the original (better quality) film, and then DVDMaestro to join the original image and the 5.1 ch with the portuguese subtitles.
When all was done I used PowerDVD to see the result. I was at first really happy because the subtitles where totally in sync. Altough, with the passing of the film they tend to be async gradually, and I dont know what else to do!
Both movies are NTSC and I have ripped the subtitles in 29,97 the same frame rate as both the movies.
It should be a perfect fit but it isn´t. I´ve tryed so many things since changing the frame rate (I even used PAL frame rate) but nothing.
Can anyone please help me? If you need any other information please tell me. Tks

oddyseus
8th March 2004, 20:03
Your problem is known as the drop frame issue.

Search for posts about the subject and you will find the correct way about it.

In short, the video should be flagged as non drop frame for the subs to be in sync. It actually a big issue and has been covered alot in this board.

pafkosta
9th March 2004, 12:47
tks a lot. i´m sorry.