PDA

View Full Version : problems finding the vcr signal

jacktradesy2k
25th February 2004, 12:44
hi,
this post will maybe sound a bit silly. but i am unable to find the signal for my vcr.
for the connection i am using a scart connector with a s-vhs cable and standard chnich connectors. the other end of the s-vhs cable goes straight into hauppage wintv card (878 chip). for drivers i am using the latest win xp drivers of the manucfactor (hauppage). the really strange bit about this entire problem is that i used exact same set of cables before on a different much older vcr. the current vcr i am using right now is a very update sony vcr (slv se710) which has two scart connectors at the back.. one for external decoders satelite, pay channel etc... and a another one for connecting it to tv units etc...
can anbody please help me?
thx in advance, jacktradesy2k

Arachnotron
29th February 2004, 13:58
From what I can see of the Sony slv se710 this is a standard VCR, and most likely only produces only a composite signal. Your older VCR probably was a s-VHS VCR or some exotic model VHS VCR. (There is no reason why a standard VHS VCR's should not be able to produce a s-video signal, but if they do exist they are very rare in consumer models)

Scart connectors can cary composite, s-video and RGB signals BUT they rarely are fully wired, especially in VCR's.

So, use a scart to composite adapter, and set your card to the composite source.

jacktradesy2k
8th March 2004, 13:47
sorry about the trouble. got the problem sorted. it was just a dodgy scart connector.