PDA

View Full Version : 3ivx D4 4.5.1 is out and the 3ivx store is open

Selur
27th January 2004, 20:08
3ivx D4 4.5.1

* New DirectShow Video Encoder supports all the features of the VfW Encoder and more!
* Variable Frame Rate support, timestamps from original media are preserved
* Automatic PAR support. Automatically preserves media's DAR no matter what cropping or scaling is performed.
* DirectShow based means easy integration with any DirectShow application

New Features

Core
* Added support for an obscure MPEG-4 variant produced by some Digital Video Recorders

3ivx Video for Windows (VfW) Codec
* Encoding support for MPEG-4 PAR in AVI files.

3ivx DirectShow Video Decoder
* Decoding support for MPEG-4 PAR in AVI files.

3ivx DirectShow Media Muxer
* Muxing support for MPEG-4 PAR in AVI files.

3ivx DirectShow Media Splitter
* IChapterInfo support allows MP4 chapter lists to be used with many popular players.
* ChapterMarker support allows MP4 chapter lists to be used with other popular players.
* Support for AMR audio (as produced by some mobile phones). Note: 3ivx does not currently include an AMR audio decoder.

Win Installer
* M4A, MP4 and MOV are now registered as audio/video types with Windows Media Player
* M4A, MP4 and MOV can now be used in Windows Media Player's Media Library and Playlists.

Improvements

* Implements frame based seeking. It now works perfectly when the splitter is in "Frame accurate seeking"
* Fast seeking no longer causes frame stutter
* Large MP4/MOV files now open in seconds, rather than minutes.
* Uknown audio formats are not decoded as PCM

* Chunk buffer is now automatically enlarged if required.

3ivx DirectShow Audio Encoder
* Edit Text Fields were converted to Static Text
* VBR/ABR modes are now mutually exclusive
* FAAC was updated to 1.23.5

3ivx DirectShow Audio Decoder
* Audio Output buffer was enlarged, resulting in significantly less skips.

3ivx QuickTime Video Codec
* Now plays bitstreams which use a bpp of 12

Bugs Fixed

* Fixed crash when using frame based seeking
* Compaact AAC malformed MP4 files no longer crash the splitter
* PCM bug: "my video plays to fast and the audio is just noisy static"

* Fixed crash on large frame sizes, or >8mbps streams

3ivx DirectShow Audio Encoder
* Property Dialog's text fields no longer appear to have any effect

3ivx DirectShow Audio Decoder
* Fixed a registery validation bug

Source: http://www.3ivx.com/support/tbd_451.html

the store offers the following for private/home users:

3ivx D4 4.5.1 Plus(Windows)
Using the suite you can generate MP4 Files with MPEG-4 Audio and MPEG-4 Video. The Audio codec supports Multi Channel MPEG-4 AAC Audio up to 5.1 channels.The Video Encoder supports different encoder modes such as Dual Pass and Constant Bitrate.

US$ 19.95
3ivx D4 4.5.1 Decoder(Windows or Mac)
This includes the 3ivx D4 Video Decoder, the 3ivx D4 Media Splitter and the 3ivx D4 Audio Decoder to play back DivX 3, MPEG-4 Advanced Simple Profile video, as well as MPEG-4 Multi Channel AAC Audio (up to 5.1 channels), including HE AAC.

US$ 6.95

3ivx D4 4.5.1 Plus + DiVA(Mac)
MPEG-4 Codec with Dual Pass and Constant Bitrate modes. Video generated with 3ivx D4 4.5 is compatible with the Apple MPEG-4 Decoder built into and shipped with every copy of QuickTime 6. The 3ivx D4 4.5 Plus Package comes with DiVA.

US$ 19.95

Thought some of you might want to know.

Cu Selur

bond
27th January 2004, 20:45
great news!!!

now we only need support for adding chapters and subs (compliant to the nero way) via the 3ivx muxer :D

tiki4
28th January 2004, 09:23
Originally posted by bond
great news!!!

now we only need support for adding chapters and subs (compliant to the nero way) via the 3ivx muxer :D

Are you sure? The only player than can playback those chapters and subs is Nero's player (and the subs look very ugly btw.).

tiki4

P.S.: I will test the new release later today. Good luck to 3ivx.

bond
28th January 2004, 10:43
Originally posted by tiki4
Are you sure? The only player than can playback those chapters and subs is Nero's player (and the subs look very ugly btw.)well and now the 3ivx filter also support these chapters if i got it right...

hm i never tried the subs (nero simply uses the vobsubs directly from the dvd) but afaik gabests vsfilter already supports decoding these, so it wouldnt be a big problem to decode these in any dshow based player too

tiki4
28th January 2004, 11:50
Hm. O.K. for the chapters then I guess, but AFAIK the subs are just 'attached' in some way to the MP4. Nothing like BIFS. This sounds to me a little like 'circumventing' the standard. I still think such things should be done the 'right' way in the first place in order to get wider acceptance for the format.

The reason for my opinion is, that I still hope for hardware support for MP4. An MPEG4 compliant DVD player that plays only AVI sound to me like a DVD player that only plays MPEG2 elementary streams :mad:

Well, that's just my opinion...

tiki4

bond
28th January 2004, 11:57
Hm. O.K. for the chapters then I guess, but AFAIK the subs are just 'attached' in some way to the MP4. Nothing like BIFS. This sounds to me a little like 'circumventing' the standard. I still think such things should be done the 'right' way in the first place in order to get wider acceptance for the format.hm its not exactly circumventing the standard
the mpeg-4 standard allows the addition of non mpeg-4 complaint streams to the mp4 container by using so called private track ids (that way its now already possible to add vorbis and vobsubs to mp4)

so to say its possible to add non standard complaint streams in a standard compliant way ;)

for the chapters nero uses a feature of mp4 called user space, which allows to attach anything you want (ie pictures (cd covers), tags aso...)

both ways arent really breaking the mp4 files, they will simply be ignored if a player doesnt explicitely supports them (but everyone is also able to support them if wanted, as 3ivx did with the chapters if i see it right)

Blight
28th January 2004, 13:06
Unknown audio trackers are not exposed at all by the splitter, so even if someone were to come up with a QDesign Audio Decoder, it simply won't work.

Another nice splitter feature would be to allow disabling of non audio/video/sub tracks (such as still jpeg images used in some trailers).

tiki4
28th January 2004, 13:11
O.K., I got it.

Nevertheless, I think, that such constructs in user space of MP4 will not be supported when it comes to hardware devices.

So, sorry for complaining in the first place, but your MP4Menu and the gpac implementation look much more promising to my eyes. I can't really understand why the industry takes so long to come up with some real MP4 solutions (featuring the interactive features of MPEG4). I will be more patient from now on.

tiki4

bond
28th January 2004, 13:22
So, sorry for complaining in the first place, but your MP4Menu and the gpac implementation look much more promising to my eyes. I can't really understand why the industry takes so long to come up with some real MP4 solutions (featuring the interactive features of MPEG4). I will be more patient from now on.no need to excuse, i didnt want to attack you because of your opinion or so

in contrary i also think that the bifs way is the better one and offers much more possibilities (ie dvd menus) but the problem is that bifs is really hard to implement in dshow (and most players use dshow), enviviotv is still very limited

so till someone comes up with an automatic dvd -> mp4 tool (with menus) its maybe too much hassle to support bifs just because of subs and chapters :(

tiki4
28th January 2004, 16:17
Well, I think companies that sell MPEG4 related software don't try to implement it yet, because there is no hardware support, and companies selling MPEG4 hardware don't support it, because there is no software available. Well, what is to do?

tiki4

Btw. we shouldn't hijack the 3ivx thread with that rather philosophical discussion. So, sorry to the 3ivx fellows.

Stux
28th January 2004, 20:30
Originally posted by Blight
Unknown audio trackers are not exposed at all by the splitter, so even if someone were to come up with a QDesign Audio Decoder, it simply won't work.

We do plan to expose QDesign Audio from the splitter in a later version, in much the same way as we exposed AMR audio in this version. It just didn't make it into 4.5.1

The big problem is its impossible to programatically automatically map from a QT audio fourcc to a windows WAVE ACM 2cc

Essentially, we have to manually pick new 2ccs for each 4cc we choose to support

AAC is using 0xFF
AMR is using 0xFE

Stux
28th January 2004, 20:38
O.K., I got it.

Nevertheless, I think, that such constructs in user space of MP4 will not be supported when it comes to hardware devices.

So, sorry for complaining in the first place, but your MP4Menu and the gpac implementation look much more promising to my eyes. I can't really understand why the industry takes so long to come up with some real MP4 solutions (featuring the interactive features of MPEG4). I will be more patient from now on.

tiki4

IMHO there is a much greater chance that hardware vendors will support a simple compatible extension to the mp4 format for chapter information rather than a full blown bifs decoder.

BIFS does not automatically solve the chapter problem, although it may give you a way to implement a chapter menu, it doesn't provide a programatic way that a player can interpret the chapter data. Perhaps MPEG-7 would provide that... but it doesn't right now.

PS: I think it would be better if you referred to this information as being in "user data" rather than "user space". The atom they are stored in is 'udta', and the specific atom in the 'udta' atom is a 'chpl'

userdata:chapterlist

each track ('trak') and the actual video ('moov') (ie the file) can have multiple userdata items. Examples of other userdatas are the copyright, and title metadatas, as well as the iTunes M4A 'id32' ID3v2 data chunk

'chpl' is simply a chapter list format which was first implemented by Ahead. We found the format simple enough, and well designed enough, that we decided to go with it, and implemented it in our Splitter, hopefully this will engender interoperability, for functionality which hasn't actually been satisfactorily specified by ISO/MPEG.

We plan to add support for it in our Muxer's later.

Perhaps hardware vendors will also add support for it...

tiki4
29th January 2004, 08:20
Originally posted by Stux
IMHO there is a much greater chance that hardware vendors will support a simple compatible extension to the mp4 format for chapter information rather than a full blown bifs decoder.

Why did they invent it then in the first place, when it is too complicated to implement in hardware. I thought MPEG was all about industry standards?

By the way, very good work. I think I should invest some bucks into 3ivx. Any chance for b-frames soon?

tiki4

bond
29th January 2004, 09:27
Why did they invent it then in the first place, when it is too complicated to implement in hardware. I thought MPEG was all about industry standards?well mpeg-4 was designed not only for dvd backup but also for multiple purposes (ie for streaming)
so to say if you want to give people the chance to create nice and powerfull interactive streaming menus you need to offer much more features than for a (fairly easy) dvd menu for example

of course to support chapters and subs you dont need a bifs decoder that supports the whole range of features mpeg-4 systems offers
ie for subs, look at my mp4sub script and you will see that there are not that much commands needed to be supported, but of course its easier to define some workaround, which isnt breaking the mp4 file

anyways lets hope someone starts writing a nice dvd 2 mp4 (with menu) tool (maybe ahead?) than there will not be a way around bifs

Selur
30th January 2004, 09:43
btw. did anyone find a way to combine ffdshow and 3ivx so that one get's the anamorphing support of 3ivx and the Postprocessing filters of ffdshow?
(setting ffdshow to support raw video 'combines' ffdshow&3ivx but the anamorphic support doean't work)

Cu Selur

bond
30th January 2004, 10:00
i guess its because you didnt tick the overlay mixer option in ffdshow, which is needed for anamorphic

Selur
30th January 2004, 11:28
hmm,... as soon as I tick 'overlay' and/or 'use overlay mixer' ffdshow isn't contained in the filter queue.
(and can't be added)

bond
30th January 2004, 12:29
it works here!

i used latest ffdshow from sourceforge (not the compiles from athos)

settings:
untick allow unsupported decoders in splitter
tick xvid, divx3-5 and ffvfw support in ffdshow + raw video (all supported) + use overlay mixer

->
ffdshow is used (with overlay mixer2) and anamorphic gets resized correctly automatically

note that athos latest compile offers two possible overlay mixer settings, one resulting in using overlay mixer and one in overlay mixer2 (which is needed for resizing)

SeeMoreDigital
30th January 2004, 13:16
If you use Nero's ShowTime player, anamorphic encodes resize correctly on playback!

I've put a few examples on my web site.

May I ask hy it is that there are so many 'anamorphic' settings to choose from (NTSC 4:3, NTSC 16:9, PAL 4:3, PAL 16:9, 4:3, 16:9, etc) when XviD's codec has just 3No.

Cheers

Selur
30th January 2004, 13:34
damn, can't find a way to use "overlay mixer 2" :(

bond
30th January 2004, 13:39
you have to click twice on the use overlay mixer option in the latest athos build!

first time you tick the "hackerl" gets grey, the second time you tick the same option it becomes black (or the other way round)
that way you can choose between "overlay mixer" and "overlay mixer2" if i got it right

Selur
30th January 2004, 15:07
when the overlay stands on 'grey', ffdshow and 3ivx Video are used, but the video is not resized.

when the overlay stands on 'black', only 3ivx Video is used, and the video is resized.

Hm,... both times Core Media Player shows just overlay mixer, not overlay mixer2.

Cu Selur

Ps.: btw. untick/tick "unsupported decoders in splitter" doesn't change anything)

bond
30th January 2004, 17:09
well perhaps tcmp is set to use overlay mixer
try it in graphedit to avoid player troubles

anyways do you get it to work with the latest official ffdshow build?

Stux
30th January 2004, 18:23
Originally posted by SeeMoreDigital
May I ask hy it is that there are so many 'anamorphic' settings to choose from (NTSC 4:3, NTSC 16:9, PAL 4:3, PAL 16:9, 4:3, 16:9, etc) when XviD's codec has just 3No.

Because XviD's AR selection wasn't thought through properly.

In 3ivx you specify the PAR (Pixel Aspect Ratio) not the DAR (Display Aspect Ratio)

This allows you to encode ANY video, no matter what cropping has been performed before encoding. With XviDs method, if the black bars on a video have been cropped then you can't specify the aspect ratio properly. In 3ivx you can, just specify the PAR of the source (which doesn't change when you crop)

The thing is, PAL and NTSC sources have different PARs.

16:9 and 4:3 DAR sources have different PARs too

SVCD sources are the other common PAR.

After those 8, then there is the square PAR option... the normal "computer pixels"

And the extended option, which allows you to enter any PAR you can think of

So, in summary, its very simple to use 3ivx PAR, there's no math required ;)

1) decide if your source is NTSC or PAL
2) decide if your source has a DAR of 16:9 or 4:3
3) decide if your source is an SVCD or not

then just pick the PAR which matches those questions.

bond
30th January 2004, 18:27
xvid also offers pixel ar,
it divides into pal/ntsc and 4:3/16:9 of course, but doesnt offer svcd options

SeeMoreDigital
30th January 2004, 18:56
Thanks for the explanation.

That really does make a whole lot of sense and has obviously been given a lot of thought.

It alo lends some explanation as to why, when you encode from an PAL 2.35:1 DVD source, using Nero's Recode2. The image is not displayed correctly, even in Nero's ShowTime player!

To be more specific, if when using 3viX you encoded from a PAL 2.35:1 DVD source but used NTSC 16:9 settings (or vice versa), it would end up looking looks like a Recode2 encode!

How strange it is that Nero's ShowTime player, displays your 'anamorphic' encodes perfectly and not their own!

Cheers

Selur
30th January 2004, 19:03
@bond: now it works at least with the last official release, don't know why did some deinstallings, registry cleans and reinstalls.

Thx for your help.

Cu Selur

Phobos
30th January 2004, 19:54

userdata:chapterlist

each track ('trak') and the actual video ('moov') (ie the file) can have multiple userdata items. Examples of other userdatas are the copyright, and title metadatas, as well as the iTunes M4A 'id32' ID3v2 data chunk

'chpl' is simply a chapter list format which was first implemented by Ahead. We found the format simple enough, and well designed enough, that we decided to go with it, and implemented it in our Splitter, hopefully this will engender interoperability, for functionality which hasn't actually been satisfactorily specified by ISO/MPEG.

We plan to add support for it in our Muxer's later.

Perhaps hardware vendors will also add support for it...

so let me get it straight... right now nero is the only app capable (with its crappy video codec also ) of muxing chapters to mp4 right now??? and currently 3ivx can demux these right?

well, im not going to support nero digital just because some lousy chapters, i'd rather wait for you guys to implement it in your own muxer so we can use chapters in xvid mp4s...

gotaserena
31st January 2004, 20:58
Anybody having trouble muxing AAC files created with aacenc? faac seems to be working fine with 3ivx, but psytel's giving me some desync/stuttering problems.

bond
31st January 2004, 21:12
hm afaik psytel outputs mpeg-2 aac (which is the same as mpeg-4 aac btw but with a slightly different header)
the multichannel files it outputs are borked!
also you maybe have a file with adts or adif header which isnt supported

read more about psytel here (http://www.audiocoding.com/wiki/index.php?page=PsyTEL)

gotaserena
31st January 2004, 21:42
I thought that as long as the AAC parser accepted the file, then it would work out ok -- as I imagine headers and such aren't passed on to the muxer. But then it's one more thing for me to worry. Well, I'll try again disabling the adts header.

Thanks again, bond! :)

P.S.: No luck... I can't connect the pins when the aac file is raw.

P.S.2: I managed a work around by using Ivan & Menno GUI and saving to mp4. Then the 3ivx demuxer took the place of the aac parser. This is working better than I'd hope... I guess I'll be bidding AVI goodbye :)

bond
31st January 2004, 22:08
of course things from the headers get passed to the muxer!

also make sure you dont use aacenc_mpeg4 as written in the link i posted

gotaserena
31st January 2004, 22:17
Thanks bond, I think I got it now by working a way around the aac parser. :)

gotaserena
29th February 2004, 16:23
Is anybody having trouble muxing aac tracks made with FAAC into mp4 a/v containers using 3ivx filters? I know this sounds odd, since 3ivx audio encoder is based on FAAC but everytime I try to mux the track encoded with some of the CVS builds I get videos with the duration time completely screwed (like 2min turning into 4 hours), which hang on MPC at some point.

Even more strange, psytel/nero's aac encoder works fine...

SeeMoreDigital
29th February 2004, 17:09
I personally use MP4UI to mux my Mpeg4 video streams and AAC audio streams together.

If you're interested I've made a quick 'How to...' guide, which can be found in Area 05 of my Web Site.

Cheers

phrentec
2nd March 2004, 01:57
How would I do a two pass encode with 3ivx video encoder-mp4(D4 4.5.1) filter in graphedit without having to configure the second pass after the first pass is finished. Like is there a way to just do a batch encode with graphedit. or maybe something like virtualdub's job control feature.?
thanks for your reply.

shitowax
2nd March 2004, 10:44
We have a tool in preparation that will do what you ask ... and a lot more. For the moment, I think the easiest way is to use an intermediate format for video like .avi with which you'll be able to batch process your multipass encoding (using virtualdub for example). After that, you will be able to pass through the video and encode the audio to whatever audio codec and file format you want (including of course AAC and mp4 using the 3ivx filters).

phrentec
2nd March 2004, 23:10
I will wait until there is an alternative to virtualdub for automated twopass mp4 output. Maybe in the way that virtualdubmod has support for ogm and mkv, in that samw way it might in the future have outofthebox support for mp4(muxing etc). Virtualdub is good but if I have to do another step to mux the avi to mp4 then that defeats the purpose of doing a twopass batch if I have to do another step just to mux. 'Ill just wait for the next tool 3ivx comes out with. Thanks.

SeeMoreDigital
2nd March 2004, 23:23
shitowax,

I still for the life of me don't understand why you don't give us users the choice of outputting our encodes directly to the MP4 container instead of having to fart about with demuxing and muxing AVI's and Mp3's.

You have a real opportunity here to provide tools that could give us AAC audio with 3viX video directly into either an AVI or MP4 container but you don't do it!

Cheers

bullitB
2nd March 2004, 23:54
You have a real opportunity here to provide tools that could give us AAC audio with 3viX video directly into either an AVI or MP4 container but you don't do it!

I'd just like to point out that any other Windows developer has this oppurtunity, too. Anyone (VirtualDub/AVISynth/DVD2AVI/whoever developers) could just use those great DirectShow APIs that Microsoft has provided and ditch the outdated VFW crap. Then all these apps could use the 3ivx muxer and go straight to MP4. This is kinda the whole point of having a system-wide component...

edit:Apologies in advance to any big VFW fans

SeeMoreDigital
3rd March 2004, 00:06
I think I am correct in saying that Mpeg4 video in an MP4 container is possible with VFW type codecs!

After all, DivX made it possible with their 5.0.2 codec.

Cheers

shitowax
3rd March 2004, 09:16
What you ask is already possible with the 3ivx filters. We provide codecs, splitter and muxer : you want to transmux mp4 to mkv or avi, you can, you want to do the opposite, you can as well. Of course you can't do it with a single click as you currently have to use graphedit. The new tool in preparation will let you transcode any input to 3ivx 2 pass video + AAC audio contained into mp4 with a single click.
Supporting AAC into avi or a muxing tool contained into a video codec is not really our business ;).

shitowax,

I still for the life of me don't understand why you don't give us users the choice of outputting our encodes directly to the MP4 container instead of having to fart about with demuxing and muxing AVI's and Mp3's.

Cheers

iradic
4th March 2004, 03:01
hi...
muxed xvid rc1 avi into mp4 with 3ivx muxer... (aac audio with 3ivx encoder)
playing file with xvid decoder -> force yv12 -> ffdshow...

problem mp4 playback - when seeking first few seconds I can see large blocks and artifacts (flat colored)... after few sec they dissapear... (avi playback is ok)

solution? Thanks...

[EDIT] also after second click on seek bar player crashes (bsplayer, mpc) with error msg ... module xvidcore.dll

iradic
5th March 2004, 18:21
ok i see...

for now i switced to libavcodec in latest ffdshow...

question: is it possible to make mono aac with 3ivx audio encoder...
i can't make it work in graphedit...

this is my grapedit:
mp2 -> mpeg audio decoder -> 3ivx encoder -> 3ivx muxer -> file writer
i tried this:
1) setting mpeg aud dec output to mono
2) tried channel mixer
3) tried ffdshow audio decoder with mixer set to mono

i already made one mono aac but source was mono also, this time source is stereo and is it possible to avoid first changing source to mono...

thanks for help...

SeeMoreDigital
5th March 2004, 18:54
Originally posted by iradic
... already made one mono aac but source was mono also, this time source is stereo and is it possible to avoid first changing source to mono... If you get stuck making mono .aac streams with 3viX there are other tools you can use.

Provided you have Nero installed you can use Foobar2000 or dbpowerAMP to generate mono .aac and .mp4 files very easily.

Cheers

Stux
5th March 2004, 19:58
Use the Channel Downmixer filter linked from the 3ivx download page

http://www.3ivx.com/download/windows.html

basically, you connect it before the 3ivx Audio Encoder and configure it to output 1 channel, then 3ivx will encode that using mono encoding

The same technique can be used to convert 5.1 to stereo as well

iradic
5th March 2004, 20:18
ok i managed to work it out - with ffdshow (mixer set to mono)...

channel downmixer has to many opitons for me ... where can i read some help...

thanks...

virus
8th April 2004, 03:48
Originally posted by iradic
problem mp4 playback - when seeking first few seconds I can see large blocks and artifacts (flat colored)... after few sec they dissapear... (avi playback is ok)

[EDIT] also after second click on seek bar player crashes (bsplayer, mpc) with error msg ... module xvidcore.dll

I'm experiencing the same problem here... a crash in xvidcore with MPC, and frozen video with ViPlay, WMP and ZoomPlayer. This only happens when seeking.
Muxed the MP4 with the 3vix muxer (XviD RC1+AAC), using 3vix splitter, CoreAAC and XviD RC3 Decoder for playback... looks like there's something wrong with the splitter :(

BTW I'm having lot of troubles with 3vix 4.5.1: sometimes the config dialogs get stuck when I set the options... I need to kill everything with ctrl+alt+del. Uninstall+reboot+reinstall doesn't help.
Very disappointing.

Stux
8th April 2004, 04:10
Originally posted by virus
I'm experiencing the same problem here... a crash in xvidcore with MPC, and frozen video with ViPlay, WMP and ZoomPlayer. This only happens when seeking.
Muxed the MP4 with the 3vix muxer (XviD RC1+AAC), using 3vix splitter, CoreAAC and XviD RC3 Decoder for playback... looks like there's something wrong with the splitter :(

You know, there might be nothing wrong with the 3ivx splitter.... have you tried using the 3ivx video decoder instead of xvid's?

If it works fine, the problem is probably in XviD

BTW I'm having lot of troubles with 3vix 4.5.1: sometimes the config dialogs get stuck when I set the options... I need to kill everything with ctrl+alt+del. Uninstall+reboot+reinstall doesn't help.
Very disappointing.

What OS are you using? How do you reproduce this?

virus
8th April 2004, 04:38
What OS are you using? How do you reproduce this?

Win98SE. I've just managed to reproduce this by simply selecting DirectShow Priority on the Video Decoder page... clicking on the checkboxes for the "compatibility decoders", I got 100% CPU usage for some time, then killed the Configurator.
Now I'm trying a 2nd time... again, this time clicking on Auto-Select for Video Filter Level. It's quite simple to reproduce, it happens roughly 90% of the times. Please note that my system is not b0rked AFAIK, all filters/codecs/encoding apps I've installed work pretty well.

As for the playback issue, I'll try something different. I'm just assuming that's not XviD since the codec has a different behaviour with different players... and I've never had a single problem with XviD.

[EDIT] with the 3ivx decoder, seeking is fine... but 3vix doesn't decode XviD properly. I've got an MP4 with messed-up blocks around text (belonging to the frame, not subtitles :) )

Stux
8th April 2004, 06:56
Originally posted by virus
[EDIT] with the 3ivx decoder, seeking is fine... but 3vix doesn't decode XviD properly. I've got an MP4 with messed-up blocks around text (belonging to the frame, not subtitles :) )

Yeah, that's a separate issue, and has been fixed in CVS

neo75903
5th September 2004, 14:27
just a bit impatient, but when is this batch tool to be released?

thx in advance.