PDA

View Full Version : Add sub to mpeg movie

latu
24th January 2004, 11:37
What is the best way to add subtitle to an mpeg movie?

I know I can convert it to avi,,,but hey, that takes a long time.

plz help

smiller667
24th January 2004, 18:47
What's your target format? VCD, SVCD, DVD? What's your subtitle format?

If you are aiming for DVD, generate .sup subtitle files using e.g. srt2sup, dvdsuptools or sub2sup. Demux your dvd-compliant mpeg (e.g. using tmpgenc's mpeg tools) and author a dvd in ifoedit or rejig.

Or do you just want to watch it on your pc? Then e.g. dvobsub should do the trick (overlaying subs during playback).

latu
25th January 2004, 09:25
Well, I want to burn the movie as DVD. I know how to convert sub to other formats. Have tryed to demux the mpeg to m2v end wma. But the sub is not coming up when i autor the movie.

I was doning this:

Demux the movie to m2v end wma.
Converting the sub (srt) to sup.
used the infoedit to autor the dvd.
(have alsow tryed with celltimes in the infoedit)

But the final movie does not have the sub.

ukendt
25th January 2004, 09:49
Not even when U play it with Powerdvd ? (and chose to show sub ?) U must point to the video_ts ifo file Ifoedit made for U.
If the subs are not there then check (with Ifoedit) the existance of the subs : in other words, are any subs there ? If not then maybe U forgot to chose all lines when U converted the subs or U didn't save your work. A sup file must big almost as big as any original sup file from any commercial dvd.
If U can see the subs on your PC but not in your stand alone, then try another brand or another burning program, but in this case I can't help U sorry:(