PDA

View Full Version : In Maestro: how to force the same subtitle look for all others

Alban
17th January 2004, 00:24
Hello,

I am using Maestro for authoring, Maestro SBT for converting from SSA to .SON. I used different colors and color rendering settings. But it does not seem to effect the look in Maestro. I was trying to have one color for text, one for antialias and one for outline (value 2).

After importing into Maestro I could get the colors I wanted by using the subpicture color map within the subtitle editor. But, and that drives me nuts, it was not possible to have white text fully displayed without covering everything else. It is like the bmp picture contains as its inherent backgound white that gets also stressed when I want to stress white in the color map. Am I doing wrong or is it the program, either Maestro or Maestro SBT? I only could get arround by using red for the primary text color in Maestro SBT and then assigning white to this red color.

When I set my first subtitel in Maestro, which I had to do, since the Color Palette File *.spf did not represent the look I wanted, I looked at the second and realized I would have to do the same setting again, and again and again for all of the 1200 or more subs. There must be a way to standardize one setting for all other subs, isn't there?

Help is greatly appreaciated. This is my first post. I looked in the Manual for Maestro 2.8, through the forum, in the directions within Maestro SBT, but the only thing I got, was that it should be resolved with the *.spf file, but it did not.

Kind regards,
Alban

oddyseus
18th January 2004, 19:36
Tell us the color that represents each aspect in a bmp. I am assuming that every bmp created has the same color for the same aspect. ie same background, same text color etc

dvd_master
18th January 2004, 21:26
I'll copy and paste an answer I did in a similar thread.

----

You can just modify the script (Maestro format?) to make it so read is always transparent, and set the rest properly. It doesn't seem like anything is wrong with the Bitmaps themselves, just wrong color.

If it's a SON, find this part in your script (should be towards the top)

Color (0 1 2 3)
Contrast (15 15 15 0)

I THINK the color order is blue, red, black, white... so you will want to change it to

Color (1 3 2 9)
Contrast (15 0 15 15)

And then it will work. The above Color settings should make them black border with a yellow inside. You can change the numbers or just edit the palette if you want different colors.

--------

OR, you can open Maestro and in the subtitle editor do "Edit Palette" and make the wrong colors the right colors so it coressponds right. While this might be easier, fixing up the SON script is better in the long run.

Alban
19th January 2004, 15:18
Hi guys,

thanks for replying. You answered my call, while I was simultaneously figuring out the procedure. The answer, oddyseus wrote to Merlin in the thread "MaestroSBT bitmap problems" helped me alot. I did not get the whole relationship between MaestroSBT and Maestro. But this helped.

OR, you can open Maestro and in the subtitle editor do "Edit Palette" and make the wrong colors the right colors so it coressponds right. While this might be easier, fixing up the SON script is better in the long run.

I did not know which color in the Edit Palete corresponds with which color in the Color map. But with oddyseus`s help I got this to work.

in the .SON-File I put these settings in order to get white text, black outline and a half transparent blue box around the subs (the 5 in the contrast setting) There might be better settings, but this works for the beginning. Is there a possibility to have antialias within Maestro? I could not find that.

Below I also described the settings I used in MaestroSBT:

Contrast (5 15 15 0)

#
# Palette entries:
#
# 00 : RGB( 0, 0,255)
# 01 : RGB( 0, 0,127)
# 02 : RGB( 0, 0, 0)
# 03 : RGB(255,255,255)

SP_NUMBER START END FILE_NAME
Display_Area (212 504 501 541)
Color (1 2 3 4)

In MaestroSBT the following settings:

in Rendering:
- Only one set of text, antialias and outline colors...
- Primary text color: blue
- Anti-alias/Secondary text color: black
- Outline/Tertiary text color: black
- Background: red

in Styles:
- Text color: #FF0000 (blue)
- Outline color: #000000
- Outline size: 2
I did not touch the margins. It seems that MaestroSBT
takes the SSA-Settings.:D