PDA

View Full Version : How to rip Subtitles with DVDDecrypter for IFOEdit and ReJig

Amnon82
15th January 2004, 11:56
Ripping only the wanted subs and convert them to sup:

Use dvd decrpter in ifo mode.

Select only the sub you want (no video or audio)

Make sure create IFO is also selected.

You have 2 file Vob and ifo(containing sub)

Get hold of vobsub configure.

Load the ifo, it will index the vob.

At the end click ok.

You now have a SUB and IDX file.

Get sub2sup.exe.

Load the idx and create a GOOD sup.

Mux m2v,ac3, and SUP in ReJig to make working title set.

Load original ifo in ReJigs DVD Author to get the right colours.

Go to my guide (http://rj-elektronik.de/avideo/main.php?set=drp22guide#Getting_default_audiostream__substream) to know how to get the default audio- and substream

unplugged
6th April 2004, 23:39
Yes, and how we can perform IfoEdit/sup method when we need to pass forced subs?
Does .sup format implements forced flag?

This WAS and IS a BIG problem for me.

Amnon82
7th April 2004, 00:25
hi unplugged. Yes it has forced sub. If I play a movie with forced sub in mpc it is displayed. I didn't test other Software DVD Players till now with my dvd copies.

unplugged
7th April 2004, 19:53
The problem is when important subtitles (those that in theor. should be forced to screen) are placed in a dedicated subtitle track, usually they are marked as normal in original DVD vobs because is the menu that control the selection anyway (between total or partial subtitle track).
When I need to do a simple movie-only backup I need only the important ones, but where can I mark them as forced prior idx/sub -> sup conversion?
Haven't found anything in the .idx text file to mark...

Bah... :(
2349239 programs to control/edit text based subtitles, 0 for .sup format... damn!

scissors
8th April 2004, 12:10
Originally posted by unplugged
The problem is when important subtitles (those that in theor. should be forced to screen) are placed in a dedicated subtitle track, usually they are marked as normal in original DVD vobs because is the menu that control the selection anyway (between total or partial subtitle track).
When I need to do a simple movie-only backup I need only the important ones, but where can I mark them as forced prior idx/sub -> sup conversion?
Haven't found anything in the .idx text file to mark...

Bah... :(
2349239 programs to control/edit text based subtitles, 0 for .sup format... damn!

I use a similar method to the above except i do the following.
put the original dvd into my sanyo standalone - start playing the film.but the on screen display on. The player will tell you if a sub stream is on. (this is the stream in dvd decrypter to rip - it corresponds to the listed streams). You can also do the same in windvd or powedvd and go to the subtitle pop up menu and count down the list of subs streams to the ticked stream.

anyway, also rip any other sub stream you want.

run the ifo/vob thru vobsub configure and the sub2sup. each of the sup files will be produced.

the smallest will be the forced one normally (it will also be name after it's stream number).

now use IFOedit to author adding the forced stream first then the others.

when the titleset is muxed the forced stream will be played.

also you can choose which stream to play by adding a pre-command using ifo edit.