PDA

View Full Version : merging ext subs with avi

buckonine
14th January 2004, 22:29
i have done tons of xvid rips and encodes and was wondering if it is possible to make external subs into forced subs without totally redoing the encode. i searched the forums and didn't find anything about this. and i figured this was the forum instead of xvid or divx forum.

jkwarras
15th January 2004, 14:34
Originally posted by buckonine
i have done tons of xvid rips and encodes and was wondering if it is possible to make external subs into forced subs without totally redoing the encode. i searched the forums and didn't find anything about this. and i figured this was the forum instead of xvid or divx forum.

Sorry but there's no way of doing this. If you want forced subs you have to encode it with the file. You can just leave them external or mux it into a *.mkv or *.ogm file, but they still need software decoding.

ppera2
15th January 2004, 16:28
You can mux. subitles in AVI files too. Just use search, and will find about it here...

What is forced subtitle by AVI? There is no something like, it's term. from DVD world. If you set player to automatically load subtitle, it will be forced.

alexnoe
18th January 2004, 17:53
There is no something like, it's term. from DVD world. Yes, a term created by the movie mafia (watch the german 'cruel intentions' dvd with english sound, and you know what i mean...)