PDA

View Full Version : MaestroSBT and lines under subs

deus no omocha
12th January 2004, 23:23
I haven't actually worked on the project in a few months due to some things (marriage, job, moving, etc), but I had it nearly completed except one thing that kept annoyingly coming up. I converted my .ssa sub script using MaestroSBT 2.4.3.5 and imported the resulting files into my DVDMaestro project. After authoring and burning, everything worked great, but there would always be 1-2 sub lines that ended up with a pixel or two line underneath them when watching on a standalone dvd player. I found an issue where the vertical(?) pixel measurement in DVDMaestro has to be an even number or this can happen. So I would fix it on the 1-2 subs that had the problem, only to find out that it had moved to some other random subs elsewhere! Everytime I fix the problem in a sub, it crops up in another random one.

So my question is: Is there anyway to force MaestroSBT to output only in even measurements for use in DVDMaestro? Or any other fixes that people know of/have used? I think if I could do this it would solve my problem and not give me headaches. I'd rather not have to go through 1000s of subs to correct this.

oddyseus
14th January 2004, 20:59
Open the ssa file from subrip and export from it as stl. U can import the stl file, that is a text file and hence a lot smaller than the bmps of son, to Maestro and avoid any pixel placement problems.

deus no omocha
15th January 2004, 01:42
How can I open an ssa file in subrip? I downloaded it off the doom9 downloads page, but all it looks like it can open are .vob and image sequences. Also, I'm not sure if I would want to output in straight text. The ssa subs are from a fansubbed anime and have a lot of different styles and placements that I'd like to keep if possible.

oddyseus
15th January 2004, 08:57
There is a button, just to the right, of the VOB one that opens a text window where from u can load the file.

However, if u want to keep the styling of the subs u can give Subtitle Workshop a try. It can translate to numerous subttile formats. Maestro is covered too.

Now that I think of it, doesn't SBTMaestro has an option that enables u to create full screen bmp files?