PDA

View Full Version : DirectVobSub makes any media player freeze

borismex
8th January 2004, 21:09
Hi everybody
I have the following problem:
I have encoded a DVD movie to DivX 5 with Gordian Knot, ripped the subs with vobsub. I have installed DirectVobSub so I can change audio streams and subtitles and when I play the movie in any media player(Windows media player, bsplayer, PowerDVD) it plays fine, with subs and everything, but when I move the slider forward or backward of the movie, I plays fromt he place I drop the slider but only about 5 seconds, and then the computer freezes!. The strange thing is that only the audio keeps playing, but I cant do anything in the computer.

This doesnt happen if I disable DirectVobSub, I move the position slider and the movie plays fine, but obviously I cant watch subs neither other audio streams.

Any ideas to fix this?
Thanks

unmei
9th January 2004, 17:52
while this looks like a problem concerning your setup, it were helpful to know what container the file is (or wether the subs are external). Chances are you use a outdated version of a splitter or of vobsub. Vobsub might not be critical if these are external subs, but if they are muxed, then it might help to update to VSfilter 2.32 and/or the latest splitters.