PDA

View Full Version : DVD Color Palette vs. Scenarist Color Palette

OMS Diver
1st January 2004, 23:02
I had recently problems with correct color encoding of subtitles when they have been ripped via SubRip. Hours of experiments and finally discovered what is going on. The SubRip detects the Color Palette for each DVD and accordingly assigns proper colors to four subtitle attributes. When subtitles are imported into Scenarist the Color Palette from original DVD is not copied into the Scenarist Project. Is there any way which allows to import the Color Palette from DVD into the Scenarist Project file or one has to manually change the perimeters in line Color within the sst file in order to have proper subtitles. On number of occasions using the default setting I have been given different results like blue letters with green outline or red letter with blue outline.

Regards

OMS Diver

Matthew
4th January 2004, 02:36
May I suggest you try vsrip.exe and vsconv.exe? It's command-line (vobsub/subresync if you want GUI) and the output is larger (no cropping) but it is more accurate (subrip delays all subs by 7 frames when ripping direct from VOBs, for PAL DVDs anyway) and it may solve your problem.

I usually use Maestro, but when I did use Scenarist recently I had no trouble with subtitle colours.

DnGermany
30th January 2004, 20:35
Just copy the colors from the original movie's pgc and paste it to the authored dvd's movie pgc using ifoedit.

screw
3rd February 2004, 15:37
I do not understand why it should be handled so complex way. If you are authoring subtitles within Scenarist, there is very simple way to set desired colours for your subtitles, without care what is there into .SST file.
When in track window, select Settings -> Colour palette and you will get a window with 16 colurs (four columns x 4 rows). Just double click the first (leftmost) colour in the upper row and select desired subtitle colour from selection window. This will be subtitle colour.
Than do the same with the second colour in the first row - it is outline colour.
To my mind it is really simple.

Screw

zappppp
13th February 2004, 17:51
screw, that's not the proper way of changing color.
if you have 2 language subtitle and you want the 2 subtitle with different color .
when you alter the default color palette, all subtitle will have the same color.
you have to edit you sst file, that's the proper way.