PDA

View Full Version : SubRip vs. Scenarist 2.7 subtitle colors

OMS Diver
25th December 2003, 14:23
After a long brake I have started again to backup DVD's. In the past I was using SubRip (1.14 I believe) and Scenarist 2.6 and had no problems with subtitles. Recently I switched to Scenarist 2.7 and SubRip 1.17.1. There are no visible changes to Scenarist but SubRip is bringing different set of colors if Sonic Scenarist Preset is selected. In both SubRip and Scenarist I have been using default color selection and the subtitles are red with a blue outline instead ow being white. I was trying to apply own color selection but this feature does not work if Sonic Scenarist Preset is selected. Could someone give me a clue why the SubRip default Scenarist Preset does not comply with default Scenarist color set? How should I change the Scenarist color set to match the output from SubRip?

BTW I am converting PAL movies.

Sherlock_2
26th December 2003, 14:37
Don't pay attention
Just rip Subtitles in SST format , then import them to scenarist without any change.
And see the result is ok.

OMS Diver
27th December 2003, 10:46
Unfortunatelly you are a little bit wrong about that. It is true that the combinations of colors in bmp files does not have real importance but if everything is done without changes the final effect is not what I can expect - red letter with blue outline. Fortunatelly I have managed to go around it. It is necessary to change the conversion rules within Scenarist. Scenarist has very helpfull feature that allows to view subtitles against main movie picture before compilation. All that has to be done it to change the colours in the way that gives white letter (or yellow if someone likes) and black outline.