PDA

View Full Version : Where can I buy elta 8883 mp4?

GTO
14th December 2003, 11:23
HI!

Elta 8883 MP4 seems to be an excellent player, but where can I buy it? (No problem for the language, also German is O.K.)

Can you help me?

Thank you.

die_leuchte
14th December 2003, 18:27
Hi GTO,

seems like German Mediamarkt www.mediamarkt.de is going to be the next to sell the Elta 8883. But it isn't on their Webshop by now.
As some people wrote in other Forums, the local Mediamarkt stores expect these players to come next week. The price will be around 119,-.

Greetz

Admiral von Leuchten

Top_Cat
14th December 2003, 22:10
isn't this it http://shop.mediamarkt.de/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=30251&catalogId=5000&langId=-3&storeId=5000&categoryId=11051

Does anyone know (read german) if they ship to the UK?

die_leuchte
15th December 2003, 02:25
Nope, Top_Cat, thats an SEG and has nothing at all to do with the Elta player. It even hasn't the same chip. Elta's 8883 is not yet listed on Mediamarkts Webshop.

Shipping to the UK isn't possible at all, as it seems.

"Die Rechnungsstellung und Lieferung erfolgt nur innerhalb Deutschlands."

I try to translate as good as I can, sorry for my bad English.

"Billing and shipping is only possible inside of Germany"

Doom9
15th December 2003, 09:54
the SEG is ESS based with the usual problem that this chipset has (well.. actually it's the firmware not the chipset but as every manufacturer seems to be using pretty much the same stock firmware...)

SeeMoreDigital
15th December 2003, 15:03
Originally posted by Doom9
the SEG is ESS based with the usual problem that this chipset has (well.. actually it's the firmware not the chipset but as every manufacturer seems to be using pretty much the same stock firmware...) I wonder if there are some people out there in cyberlad who are skilled enough to be able to tweak the 'stock' firmware?

Without destroying your player ofcourse!