PDA

View Full Version : subtitles dont appear in my Avi-movie

alberlie
12th December 2003, 14:52
Hi, yep, that's my problem. I use r4r to rip the dvd onto my HD, also extract the subtitles with it. In GKnot, I add the two files in the files-box just as it is requested in the guide. Still, after the movie is finished, it never shows the subtitles. What could I be doing wrong? Do I for example have to process the two subtitle-files returned by r4r further before adding them to the GKnot-project Im running?

Any suggestions?

alberlie
21st December 2003, 08:00
Hi guys, well, I know Im pretty much a newbie and my question might be pretty stupid but still - I dont know what to do.
So Id be really grateful if you could at leat give me some hints as to where I could find further information...
Thanks a lot! Alberlie

hank315
21st December 2003, 22:24
The easiest way to show subs with an AVI file is using the .srt format for the subtitle file.
Don't know what format you have right now but it should be easy to convert it.
Suppose your movie is called: mymovie.avi, name your subtitle file mymovie.srt,
put them both in the same directory and play the avi-file with BS-player
(or any other player which supports subs).

gr. hank315

alberlie
22nd December 2003, 07:36
whoops, that's probably why all my movies dont show subs. I always thought, they get included in the actual avi-file so that I can erase the subtitle-files just as all the other files like decoder setting, the audio file ect. Isn't there a way to actually include the subs into the movie so that I dont always have to bother with >1 files?
Greets, alberlie

b00zed
22nd December 2003, 07:57
When using GK, if you use the subtitles option in the Save .avs box (the one you get once you hit "Save & Encode") it will insert the subtitles into the avisynth script and they'll be permanently burned into the movie.

Edit: After you've extracted the subs with VobSub.

alberlie
22nd December 2003, 10:07
thanks a lot!