PDA

View Full Version : Can only display portugise and espaniol language. Why?

hulkenstrong
11th December 2003, 00:47
Hi.

I have ripped a dvd and enocded to xvid and split it up, muxed it with audio and also succesfully splited the subtitles.

The subtitles are in idx/sub and they do contain the languges I wanna se (I can ripp out english with subriper from the idx).

Now on to the problem. When I try to play the movie all goes fine it plays video/audio and loads up vsfilter (have installed latest version). I can switch language, but if I select anything but portugise/Espanol nothing is displayed on screen.

I used vobsub 2.3 to rip the subtitles and didnt use any custom colors or transparency. Tried installing latest vsfilter (both the release and unicode version..not at the sametime ofcourse). Tried muxing to matroska same thing.

INFO:

Windows 2000 sp4 profesional inc all patches and ie6
DirectX 9
bsplayer 1.0 and wmp and mplayerclasic
latest drivers for all my hardware

Subbs ripped by vobsub
movie in xvid 1.0 beta 2
audio in ac3 2.0
have latest maroska splitter
tried latest vsfilter (after uninstalling vobsub)

Please guide me trough this problem as I wanth ot just enjoy my backup and stop wasting time on problems.

(If I use subripper on the splited idx/sub file to create a srt file and then use srt instead of idx/sub the english language does work and in sync with movie. But I do wanna have all the languages and in idx/sub format.)