PDA

View Full Version : VSFilter Bug displaying subs in MKV

raistlin2k
30th November 2003, 19:06
In The Filter version 2.31 the option "Show only FOrced Subs" doesn't work when the subs are saved inside an MKV using MKVMerge. Although it is selected, all subs get displayed in my LOTR rip.

The movie contains forced subs, verified by ripping once with VSRip selecting "Rip only forced" & second way by ripping normally & checking with Subresync.

But the filter shows all subs, not only forced ones, regardless of the settings!!

Using an OGM with external subs (in IDX&SUB) everything's OK.

Gabest, please check this.
Thanks
Raist

raistlin2k
4th December 2003, 10:03
Another bug regarding the "Show only Forced Subtitles", although it applies for external subs in conjunction with an AVI or OGM:

When I enable the checkbox only forced get shown, OK.
Then I close the player & restart it. Now all subs get shown again although the checkbox is still enabled! I have to uncheck it, click apply & re-enable it to make it work again.

I tested this with AVI & OGM, I dunno if the problem is there as well for MKVs, couldn't test it because the function "Show only Forced" doesn''t work at all for MKV-subs (see above).

I really hope that Gabest has some time to check both bugs.

Thanks
Raist

raistlin2k
11th December 2003, 14:51
Tried VSFilter 2.32, the two bugs are still there.

Someone can verify these bugs?

I tested now also with old dvobsub.ax from vobsub 2.23, with that one the second bug mentioned regarding usage of external subs with OGM,AVI or MKV is gone, so the button works with the old release.

The bug with internal subs could not be tested, since old vobsub doesn't support them.

I thought that both bugs were introduced with 2.31 (fixing the disappearing embedded subs in MKV), but that's not true; I just verified with 2.30 (the first one supporting embedded subs): This release introduced both bugs, so something was destroyed in the filter when adding MKV-support.

Raist