PDA

View Full Version : Wrong colour in my added sub

slayerDK
30th November 2003, 18:45
I made a new copy of badboys 2, with danish subs.

Everything is ok except the colour of the new danish sub.

I use srt2sup to make the sub and i have tried with and without global setting in srt2sup

What am i doing wrong

The colour of the original English and French subs are ok

I'm using ifoedit to author the dvd

pepipocpoc
1st December 2003, 15:53
Did you try the Ifoedit color trick (copy sub colors from another PGC then paste it to your file)? Where from is your srt file?

slayerDK
1st December 2003, 18:37
I have tried to copy sub colors from another PGC then paste it to my own file , but the colours get all wrong.

The srt file was one i found on the net.

In the VTS_PGC_1 i can see colour 0 to 15.

Which of the colours controlls what on the subs

Anyone !!

pepipocpoc
1st December 2003, 19:42
generally, only the 4 first colors are used, more or less in the order I gave. But you can do a little search using, like, "green subtitles", or "subtitles color ifoedit", in subtitles and IFO/VOB editors fori (isn't it the plural for forum? :o ) ; I can't myself be very explicit, but if it helps, here are the settings (found in doom's forums...) I use :

for text-based subs

10 80 80 (black, background)
28 6d ef (blue, contours)
eb 80 80 (white, letters)
7d 80 80 (grey, anti-alias)

for bmp-based subs, I just change white to yellow (d2 92 10).

But I can assure you, there is very few I haven't find in these forums ;) .

Hope this will help you.

slayerDK
2nd December 2003, 05:11
Thanx a lot for the help pepipocpoc

I changed the colours manual and it works

:D

swc3333
19th December 2003, 05:59
@pepipocpoc

I tried cutting and pasting but the BG color was pink. I used your codes for the first 4 values but I want a transparent background, not black (or pink). Do you know the hex value for transparent?

Thanks

pepipocpoc
19th December 2003, 15:34
@swc3333 (and everyone else interested ;) )

Starting from srt2sup, you absolutely have to set your background color to "transparent" (..."settings"...), no matter whitch color you choose ; there is no hex value for "transparent" (as far as I understand it :rolleyes: ).

Let me know.

swc3333
20th December 2003, 00:23
yes that worked, I left the first one alone after the SRT2SUP output and only changed the 2nd-4th values.

pepipocpoc
20th December 2003, 01:24
Glad I could help :D .

AB Jazzy
31st December 2003, 12:54
Well...
I have the movie Serving Sara with Romanian subtitles, but the subtitles are containing "wrong words"... if you know what I mean... (I want my family to see the movie...)

That's why I use SubRip to extract only the romanian subtitle as srt. After that I'm editing the subtitle with Subtitle Workshop.
Then I open Srt2Sup. I "open as text..." the srt file that I've just edited and from "Global settings" I choose the following colors: Silver (background) and check Transparent box, Black (outline),White (text), Gray (antialias. Outline is 5, check the boxes: "use RLL encoding", "Use default target", justify center, markers inverse, screen format NTSC (because my movie is NTSC)and Font: Tahoma, Regular, 22 (script Central European). After That, from the main window I select all the subtitles and I save from the "sup file" menu. When the convertion ends (a few minutes), at the bottom of the info section is shown "To match global settings set IFO colors to:"
Color 0 - B4 80 80
Color 1 - 10 80 80
Color 2 - EB 80 80
Color 3 - 7D 80 80

Then I demux with VobEdit the vob file vts_01_0 and I get a .m2v file, five .sup files (the last oane is the Romanian one), three .ac3 files and one .dts.

I'm replacing the last sup file with the one I've obtained with Srt2Sup.

I remux back the .m2v, .sup, ac3 and .dts files.
Then I open with IfoEdit the new vts_01_0.ifo file, go to VTS_PGCITI line, then to the VTS_PGC_1 line then, in the 2nd area I'm looking for the [000000a5] line where I can edit the color settings manualy:
I double click this line, I check only the Hex box on right (uncheck the others), I click in the window, on the code and write the new code that I've wrote down before at Color 0: B4 80 80. And do the same with Color 1, 2 and 3. Then I save.

I put in the same directory the vts_01_1, 2, 3, 4, 5.vob new created and the initial video_ts and vts_01_0 files.

The result is a perfect DVD with menus and Romanian subtitle, but the other subtitles have the colors inverted: black color with white outline...

What is wrong ?

If I demux the vts_01_1.vob file, I'm loosing the menu...

pepipocpoc
31st December 2003, 14:22
Hello again, Jazzy.

Frankly, about the other subtitles, I only can guess. The trick may be that IfoEdit put the same color-settings to all subtitles, no matter how they were done. So. If I personally wanted to do the same as you do (that is to say edit and "censor" my native language), I would extract ALL the subtitles with subrip, then convert them all back with srt2sup ; that way, I would have the same colors for all subs.

BUT. Apart from keeping the original menu, I don't see the point about keeping all subs and audio streams. I prefer, and by large, to get rid of everything else than english (usually the original language) and french (usually my original one :D ). That way, I can put two movies on a single DVD-R. Of course, I loose the menus, but I can't remember the last time I was happy to see one :D . In fact, I prefer a film without any. It always is possible (and easy and handy) to navigate with the remote control... My choice ; and it saved me lots of time.

Cheers, and if you read this by tomorow, happy new year :) .

pepipocpoc
31st December 2003, 15:22
Hey, jazzy! C'm'on, listen to me. I've just read this, and think that it may interest you.

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=52621

AB Jazzy
3rd January 2004, 14:12
Hi pepi ! And A Happy New Year !
Thanks for the advice. But I still want to keep the menu... It makes the DVD to look more like the original...:)
And about the link I can say that I have read it before even trying to rip the DVD... The problem is that I can't find that man rere ... He is also from Romania and he can help me in my own language, and so it would be much more easyer to me... By the way, forgive my English...:)
Et, en fin, BONNE ANNEE...
je ne parle pas francais tres bien... pas du tout... :D

pepipocpoc
3rd January 2004, 15:45
:) Merci! Tu parles mieux le français que moi le roumain :( .

Sorry I can't help more... But a happy new year to you, anyway :D .

SidDan
4th January 2004, 14:16
I have another funny problem with the subs which I haven´t had before on my 2 previous movies. But this movie "28 days later" I added a sub as how I normaly do using Srt2sup

When I have the colors for default, the added sub have the colors vice versa.... meaning the character is black with white outlines.

if I change the charachter to white then the oroginal subs will be black,,, vice versa.

I have tried from srt2sup to switch the colors for outlines and character but the result is the same.,,, again I have done 2 movies and they were fine ... just this movie I have problems with.

Has anyone experienced this?

pepipocpoc
4th January 2004, 15:21
Hello, SidDan

are you dealing with text or bmp subs?

Today's translation :
The more I know what I want, the less I want what I know.

SidDan
4th January 2004, 18:27
importing as text from divx subs downloaded from the net, always.. what is the difference anyways?

pepipocpoc
4th January 2004, 20:58
well, the settings may not be the same ; and I had quite the same problem, but only with bmp-based subs. So, if you use only text-based subs, I quite don't see what's wrong. Whitch version of srt2sup do you use?

SidDan
5th January 2004, 06:58
I use the latest, I think... only had it for a couple of weeks

pepipocpoc
5th January 2004, 10:46
the latest is a4.03, and is simplified ; a4.02 allows more colors settings. But I don't understand how :( .

SidDan
5th January 2004, 21:08
ya, I have the a4.03. but the color settings won´t have any effect till you put the correct value of the hex in the Ifo file.... but but
once when I tried it the first time I had problems with the charachters... they were transparent!!. I managed to figure out what caused it but still the color settings in Srt2Sup was the key.

The background was white with the transparency box checked for default. that was normal I thought since I sure don´t need any box behind the characters. But I actually had to select black eventhough it was transparent cus when I had the white on the characters were transparent... so no color could fill that transparency in the Ifo file :p

And now I have, as mentioned, problems with the colors again... and the newly added sub appears to share the same Color information for the character as the Color information for outilines with the original subs, that mix never occoured for me before... at least not those 2 times I had tried.

So I still wonder if anyone have encountered this

P.S
..... I am trying the movie X-Files

pepipocpoc
5th January 2004, 23:13
well, I don't really know ; I can't remember it happening to me. Anyway, if it can hepl, here are the settings I use for text-based subs, with great satisfaction :

backgnd : black (trans)
outline : blue
text : white
antialias : gray

x1=360 ; y1=450
outline=4 ; use rll encoding

everything else as default.

Even if this doesn't help you, I'd like to know wether you sort it out or not. Who knows what can happen...

Today's translation :
While a woman ripped to pieces will attract all newspapers, a newspaper ripped to pieces will attract no woman.

mnkyboy
8th January 2004, 01:13
I have (3) mpeg compliant files, about 1.4gb each. I have subtitles for each file. I want to burn all of them, with the subtitles, onto a DVD-R. What would be the best program to use? IFOEDIT only allows you to author (1) file.

pepipocpoc
8th January 2004, 01:21
@mnkyboy (monkeyboy :confused: )

1-have a little search
2-all right, I'll give it to you : use the re-author function of DVDShrink.

Best wishes.

mnkyboy
8th January 2004, 04:14
Originally posted by pepipocpoc
@mnkyboy (monkeyboy :confused: )

1-have a little search
2-all right, I'll give it to you : use the re-author function of DVDShrink.

Best wishes.

yep, monkeyboy :D

After I posted, I thought about DVDShrink, and the ifo/vob files generated by IFOEDIT. Thanks :D

mnkyboy
8th January 2004, 06:52
Ok, i have another problem. I need menus, since I have multiple files with chapters. DVDShrink works fine if I just want to play 1 file after the other, no chapters, but i want chapters and a menu.

Any recommendations on this? :)

pepipocpoc
8th January 2004, 11:38
Sorry, but I don't really see your point... I very often use the re-author function of DVDShrink to compile one to three movies on a single DVD-R and I have absolutely no problem playing the chapters back... If your source files were authored with chapters, your shrinked files must have chapters too.

About menus, I don't care anymore ; I've spent way too much time on it without great success, just to obtain some scrubby useless gift-paper. No, thanks, that's no more menus for me. I HATE MENUS.

Let me know :) .

mnkyboy
8th January 2004, 18:55
Sorry, but I don't really see your point... I very often use the re-author function of DVDShrink to compile one to three movies on a single DVD-R and I have absolutely no problem playing the chapters back... If your source files were authored with chapters, your shrinked files must have chapters too.

About menus, I don't care anymore ; I've spent way too much time on it without great success, just to obtain some scrubby useless gift-paper. No, thanks, that's no more menus for me. I HATE MENUS.

Let me know :) .

If each file has say 10 chapters, then when you put the dvd in the player, it will start playing the first file. Then if you press the next button, it will goto the next chapter. When it gets to the 10th chapter, it will not go anymore. How do you get to your next track (file 2 and 3) ?

pepipocpoc
9th January 2004, 08:47
well, I've never had this kind of problem. It may be a matter of standalone ; mine is a philips, and I can easily navigate wherever I want using the remote control. To keep you exemple, when chap 10 is ended, it automatically jumps to the 1st chp of the next "file". But I also can go directly to track 3... So, you can understand why I don't really need menus, and I'm starting to see why you need them.

How did you compile your three files, tracks 1, 2, 3 ?

mnkyboy
9th January 2004, 19:24
well, I've never had this kind of problem. It may be a matter of standalone ; mine is a philips, and I can easily navigate wherever I want using the remote control. To keep you exemple, when chap 10 is ended, it automatically jumps to the 1st chp of the next "file". But I also can go directly to track 3... So, you can understand why I don't really need menus, and I'm starting to see why you need them.

How did you compile your three files, tracks 1, 2, 3 ?

So the only way you can get to track 2 is wait until chapter 10 of track 1 is complete? My play does the same thing, but I have to fast forward thru Chapter 10 of Track 1 to get to Track 2. Same thing for Track 3 (Chap 10 of Track 2). Not the easiest way, unless im missing something...

pepipocpoc
9th January 2004, 21:01
no no no no. You didn't read all my post. I can jump from any track to any other. On my remote control (I bet it's on most, if not all...), I have a "display" button that allows me to choose whitch "title" (that's the right word for "track") I want. So on a 12 title DVD (I have some), I can jump from 2 to 11 or anything I want...

Anyway, you didn't told me how you compiled your 3 titles (now we can use the correct word ;) ).

pepipocpoc
16th February 2004, 23:29
10x, pepi.

Ah! Ces jeunes...

Sternburger
3rd March 2004, 16:30
About the visual subs.

Which font and font-size do people use?

pepipocpoc
3rd March 2004, 23:00
I use standard arial (size 20). That is the srt2sup default.

eb
7th June 2004, 22:10
The quickest and easiest way to change subittle colors is using program SupRemap./less than 5 seconds/

eb

naut
2nd August 2004, 23:08
How can I permanently change the subtitle colors if all I have is an .idx/.sub pair?

Paddington
4th August 2004, 06:37
New TOOL and GUIDE available (http://home.hetnet.nl/~erikvullings/subtitlecreator_v1_0.zip): Just to let you know, I have updated my guide about how to add subtitles, and you can download it from this website. Additionally, it includes a new tool, SubtitleCreator, which converts SRT files to SUP files (similar to srt2sup, but with additional features, such as synchronization and reading the IFO file to get the color palette), which should solve most of your color problems.

Comments and questions can be posted to the following THREAD (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=80109).