PDA

View Full Version : Back Up with New Permanent Subtitles and preserve Everything (including Multi Angles)

tzic
26th November 2003, 23:11
Hi, I am looking for a way to replace the Main Movie of a DVD after having permanent subtitles added to it.
Here is what I am thinking of:
1) Rip DVD with DVD Decrypter.
2) Demux Main Movie.
3) Convert .srt file to .sub
4) Insert Both Video and Subtitles Streams in a video editting Application (Like Adobe Premiere). --> Export them as a single .mpv with Permanent Subtitles.
5) By now I should have a really big .mpv and an equally big .ac3 for the Main Movie. So, I load them in Scenarist, put them in a track along with the
Multiple Angles and Export them as .VOB

If everything I said above is correct, what should I do from then on? Maybe use IfoEdit? I suppose yes - but In what manner?
Will I be able to preserve the Multiple Angles of my Main Movie as well as all the menus(working) or is this gonna happen anyway automatically (which, of course, I doubt). By the way, I do know how to import chapters is Scenarist --> no prob there.

PLEASE HELP ME OUT....I DONT WANNA RE-AUTHOR THE WHOLE THING IN SCENARIST.....NOT WHEN THERE ARE 48 (YES - 48!) VTSs WITH EXTRAS!!!! NOWAY!!! 8)
THANKS!!!