PDA

View Full Version : how to play vob file with a .sub(text) file

cyb0rg
26th November 2003, 18:19
Hello,

i'm tring to add subtitles to a dvd movie, and i have some sync problem, it a very hard job to sync subs when you can't see the movie and the subs at the same time, i have tried to overcome this problem by encoding the first vob to divx and play it with bsplayer with the subs, now if i want to continue from here i need to encode all vobs separatly, and cut the subs to each vob.
my question is, is there a subtitles tool that can play a vob file and change/"play" with the subs sync?
or if there is another patent to do so, i would be very happy to know.

thanks in advance
Cyb

sekxx
26th November 2003, 22:07
What about loading all the vobs juxtaposed, with your favorite player by using avisynth ???

ppera2
26th November 2003, 23:18
Arpa Kolla Player can play DVD (from Hard drive too) with external SRT subtitle file. It has even some sync. options.

It's not good idea to syncronise seprate VOB-s, but whole movie.

Media Player Classic can similar as Arpa Player, but only from DVD disc.

gabest
28th November 2003, 00:36
Originally posted by ppera2
Media Player Classic can similar as Arpa Player, but only from DVD disc. dvds can be opened from anywhere, that's one of the few useful features of the dvd navigator filter.

ppera2
28th November 2003, 00:56
Originally posted by gabest
dvds can be opened from anywhere, that's one of the few useful features of the dvd navigator filter.

From which version?

gabest
28th November 2003, 14:17
ever since mpc can play dvds, in the first versions you had to set the root folder in the options, but now it can also load it by opening video_ts.ifo as file.

cyb0rg
28th November 2003, 14:20
hello sekxx, i realy didn't understand how to use avisynth, and "by the sound of it" it exactly what i need, to simulate an avi file, i tried with vfapi and i got an avi file without sound, though i think there is a way to do it with sound i had no success doing so, anyway if you could explain a little, that would be great ,

thanks in advance
Cyb

ppera2
28th November 2003, 16:29
Thanx Gabest...
Now, another problem by DVD playback with MPC:
How to force program to not use Cyberlink's decoder for picture?

When I install Power DVD, instead picture I have lines (like desynced TV). AS I see it should use Intervideos decoder...

gabest
28th November 2003, 16:49
cyb0rg: I don't think you could frameserve audio through vfapi, then it would be called vafapi instead :D

ppera2: add cyberlinks mpeg2 decoder onto the filter list at overrides and set it to "block".