PDA

View Full Version : Huffy + vbr FPS + Vegas = smth HIDEOUS

Di Abolico
26th November 2003, 08:33
I have to do some NLE editing in freshly captured file. The codec used is Huffy. The program which grabs video, synchronises video and audio streams by setting non-standard bitrate for it (like you could do in Virtual Dub in Video=>Frame Rate=>Source Frame Rate adjustment), 25.114 fps for example.

The problem is as follows: when I open this file in Vegas,both on the timeline and on the preview pane, it would show monstrously distorted video - some kind of mad mosaic, turned upside down.

The resulted files played fine in all players and even could be previewed in explorer pane of Vegas and Trimmer. But on the timeline nothing works.

Apart from the freshly grabbed video Vegas works just fine.
I tried some basic cutting/crossfading of the problem file in Premiere - all is well.

So, what could it be? Codec or/and framerate?

alba_zeroX
9th December 2003, 23:36
i think i had this problem before, try changing the frame rate of the project to match the framerates of the input video

erratic
10th December 2003, 00:07
Originally posted by Di Abolico
The problem is as follows: when I open this file in Vegas,both on the timeline and on the preview pane, it would show monstrously distorted video - some kind of mad mosaic, turned upside down.
I had a similar problem. I fixed it by checking Always suggest RGB format for output in the Huffyuv configuration.

You could also try this Huffyuv patch (http://cx.ath.cx/files/huffyuv/) although that's more for CCE.

Di Abolico
10th December 2003, 04:24
Yes, eratic! That's exactly the way around! Thanks!
Interesting, how the checked checkbox toggles situation for Premiere.