PDA

View Full Version : Subrip doesn't recognize subtitles

krypton22
25th November 2003, 09:39
While working with the new Indiana Jones DVDs, Subrip (in OCR mode) just goes thru the whole movie and doesn't find a single subtitle. It's kinda weird, since I've never had any problems with it. I know I can find thousand of subtitles on the Internet but it bugs me anyway.

ppera2
25th November 2003, 15:55
I ripped from PAL version of Indy set titles without problem with Subrip 1,17. Which language, PAL or NTSC, which vers. of Subrip?

Anyway, you may try to change some parameters by Advanced OCR settings.

krypton22
25th November 2003, 16:27
Did the same thing: PAL with Subrip 1.17.1, tried to fiddle with the settings a bit as well to no avail. tis weird :(

ermannob
8th December 2003, 14:08
I have the same problem with Emperor's New Groove (PAL italian rent edition).

Also with Navigator (PAL italian retail edition).

I tried modiying global options (use Vob's subtitle map or not)... but nothing changed.

Vobsub, anyway, works.

Blankman
3rd January 2004, 04:01
Originally posted by krypton22
While working with the new Indiana Jones DVDs, Subrip (in OCR mode) just goes thru the whole movie and doesn't find a single subtitle. It's kinda weird, since I've never had any problems with it. I know I can find thousand of subtitles on the Internet but it bugs me anyway.

I had a similar experience with the Magical Project S DVDs. Subrip did not pick up all the subtitles, but using the combination of Vobsub Configure with SubResync (both part of VobSub 2.23) produced a SRT/SSA file easily and with fewer OCR errors than I have ever seen with SubRip. So it is kind of sad that with the introduction of installing VSFilter 2.32 Gabest apparently dropped Vobsub Configure and SubResync combination. Gabest did release a companion VSRip and VSConv combination to supplement VSFilter. VSRip is an excellent replacement for Vobsub Configure, but IMO VSConv (lacking support for text subs) is not an adequate replacement for SubResync.