PDA

View Full Version : Please help me find the latest version of Substation Alpha.

DigitalDeviant
23rd November 2003, 15:42
Can someone please direct me to someplace to download the latest (or close to it) version of Substation Alph. I have 4.08 and it doesn't handle .ass scripts. I tries the Substation Alpha homepage (http://www.eswat.demon.co.uk/substation.html) but it doesn't seem to be in operation anyome (I've been trying for 2 months now.)I've searched every board and Google with absolutly no luck.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

unmei
24th November 2003, 00:44
4.08 _is_ the latest version. there is no version supporting ass scripts.

Kaiousama
24th November 2003, 21:16
For an .ass format native application you can check the actual Medusa version; i'm developing it with the help of the italian doom9 forum members, it's still not complete but it is yet stable and fully operative.

Follow this link to italian doom9 forum (http://forum.doom9.it/viewtopic.php?t=3775), the download link is at first post's end (for those of you not too confident with italian language).

Bye

DigitalDeviant
24th November 2003, 23:21
Thank's everyone, I feel a bit stupid now. I already have Medusa which is an excellent tool, but it doesn't have an option to enbed fonts. Is it possible to cut the font embedded in a .ssa script into a Medusa produced script? Perhaps I'll test it out myself later.

Kaiousama
25th November 2003, 21:00
Is it possible to cut the font embedded in a .ssa script into a Medusa produced script?

Yes, with a simple cut&paste from your favorite text editor.

unmei
25th November 2003, 21:14
hey hello!
Medusa is up and healthy - cool, and the screeshot looks great.
I d/led it but im sorry no time for anything deeper atm but i'll make sure to challenge it a bit at the end of the week

Kaiousama
26th November 2003, 16:24
Hi unmei, i've also a bit lost u96 due to lack of free time... i've seen you're going to expand .ass import functionality for u96, i think drawing effect are not much used instead of animation effects that are widely used, maybe is better to concenctrate your conding attention on importing animation functions.

I also plan to port Medusa i Delphi 7 in a future, i'm beginning to think it would be the better solution even for my application ;)

Bye

SLider3
2nd December 2003, 17:24
Hi Kaiousama
I have seen your lastest version of Medusa, and it looks very nice (unfortunately I didn't have time to test it well).
Keep up and great work. :)