PDA

View Full Version : cant see my .sub in mp

zeiRAM
22nd November 2003, 18:09
Hello,

i rip the subs with vobsub (eng/ger) and got a 7mb file but in mpc i didnt see any sub. i tried subresync and it also cant render the subs. so i tried vsrip , them - 7mb .sub but cant show in any player. so i tried subrip and here i can see there are subs. i didnt alot of movie with subs, but i havent any ide why i didnt see them ;( the movie is "Guns of the Magnificent Seven". its only have 1 pgc and no angle, so any idea what can i do ?

gabest
24th November 2003, 01:17
If you could upload the output sub/idx of vsrip and the copy of the log window in a text file to somewhere, then I would take a look at it :)

zeiRAM
10th December 2003, 16:27
Sorry for the long time. I uploaded the idx/sub/ifo/streaminfo to

http://public.fh-wolfenbuettel.de/~baumgaal/Subtitle/

Both movies has the same problem. Extracting Subs with VobSub/VSRip works but can't see any sub in submux or mpc. With SubRip i get the Subs. I also tried different color, but no luck ;(
Perhaps u have an idea.

Thx for help

LeonMcNichol
10th December 2003, 21:46
It appears that all of the colors ended up as transparent. Reopen the sub/idx files in vobsub and check "Custom colors:", then uncheck the color of the subtitles. I think in your case, it would be colors 2-4. If it's not, then just reopen it and change it to the right colors. I remember having a friend with the same problem, when he was ripping the subtitle track from a few Hong Kong dvds. Not sure why they all get picked as transparent though. Maybe gabest can shed some light on this.

zeiRAM
12th December 2003, 03:26
I tried it and its works now ;) Thx LeonMcNichol
I realized that custom color think and thought perhaps all set to 1 color but didnt realize all color was set transparent ;(
So it would be a good idea to implement such check in vsrip and vobsub, that at least 1 color get set to NOT transparent.

thx for all your help

Daedalus01
8th August 2007, 08:35
hey,

im having the same problem, but this time using automkv in a x264/mkv file. do i use the same vobsub fix?