PDA

View Full Version : Hindi Subtitles

zerohash
19th November 2003, 16:29
Dear Sir,

I have seen few sites where you can download Subtitles in English,Russian,French Subtitles etc,Can anyone suggest where i can download Hindi Subtitles(Indian Movies)

Thanking You

Zerohash

Liisachan
20th November 2003, 16:48
Well, I don't think this is the right place to ask about downloding such files, but I could say you can make subs in Hindi. Subbing in Hebrew or in Arabic is possible even in SRT, so ones in Hindi should be possible too. :)

doomed@ripping
25th November 2003, 16:37
There aren't any Websites where u can download Hindi Subs, if u want to know how to create ur own subs in Hindi, then read the bottom of the post.

Namaste Bhaiya, First & foremost there are a quite a few DVD's with Hindi subtitles on them out in the market in India, mostly the ones from Sony carry Hindi Subtitles. So if ur looking to get movies with Hindi Subtitles then I suggest you buy the Original DVD's from Sony or Ultra and stop looking for subs on the net.

www.indiatimes.com shopping is a good start. Indiatimes sells these DVD's through planetM.co.in (http://planetM.co.in) and u'll find even Original Matrix Reloaded Dual Layer DVD with Hindi Subtitles for the movie as well as for the extras.

Eros also has a few Original English dvd's with Subtitles but they do not have these on sale on www.ErosEntertainment.com but are available in Shops in Delhi. You can find Original Hindi DVD's with subtitles on Eros or on Ultra Entertainment's website but mind u only a few contain Hindi Subs and sometimes it's best to just drop them an email and check in advance whether the DVD carries Hindi Subs or not. Register on Eros and drop them an email, they are efficient and will get back to your query of Hindi Subbed DVD's.

The DVD for Memento released in India has subtitles in 6 Indian languages and surprisingly no English Subtitles. Lagaan Extended Edition (4 hours+) has Subtitles in Hindi & English.

Dude don't count on any Hindi Subs on bootlegged stuff, Original is the way to go because they take out the time & spend the money to give you that extra features & they charge you for that.

Now for your question about downloading subtitles for Indian Movies... well I still have to come accross a site which does that. You will get English Subtitles for Hindi movies (very few) but no Hindi Subtitles. There used to be a website which provided Hindi Subs for English movies with the additional download of a Hindi font but the site's been shutdown now. But even when the site was up, it had at the most 20 subtitles for download in Hindi. Wait for Matrix Revolutions, the original might carry Hindi Subs.

Visit these sites for a listing of Movies with Hindi Subs.
http://www.blackstar.co.uk/video/browseby/dvdsubtitle/Hindi
&
http://www.imdb.com/Sections/DVDs/Subtitles/Hindi/

I guess even chances of you getting Hindi subs from a DVD you own are pretty slim because of limitations like fonts & OCR. Hindi anyway is not suited for computers and my PC just revolts at the sight of any character in Hindi so my recommendation is stay away from Hindi Subs :) I personally can speak the language pretty well but I can't read or write properly given the nature of the language, it's pretty tough to learn and not worth the effort :devil:

But if you desperately want Hindi Subs then get yourself I-LEAP (Hindi-English translation & trans-lit) It will translate English subs into Hindi in a .sub file and even keep the timing intact. The accuracy is something like 90% so u'll need 30-45 minutes per movie to correct the subtitles and they should work just fine for you. You can also convert English subs into 13 other Indian languages using I-LEAP. The harder way is to use the Hindi support in Microsoft Office XP & do the translation urself line by line keeping the timing intact.

fyi hindi lyrics for hindi songs are available and they can be used in Windows Media Player.