PDA

View Full Version : ripping original subs from DVD to sup

SidDan
16th November 2003, 03:37
hey all...

I am trying to make a dvd backup using dvd2dvdr and cce now. Everyone is familiar that when doing like this the subs are green in the final product..... so what Iīd like to do is that ...
Rip the original sub from the dvd and use that one instead of the "green" subs when authoring.

Iīve tried a few subrips but they are crazy to me... lol
I canīt just simple rip out a single sup file for every selected language, or I just donīt understand how but it really doesnīt look too difficult.

but but,.,.. read at the sticky forum about the coloring. Can that work in this case also?

tried to do a few searches but there are just tooooo many and couldnīt find anyone similiar to what I want

thanks

SidDan
17th November 2003, 00:29
ok, Iīve managed to rip the original subs and authored them but still the texts appear to be green.

well well... obviously it isnīt wrong with the demuxing process from dvd2dvdr but instead it is something with the authoring. Will try DVD maestro or something

smiller667
17th November 2003, 14:15
Read the ifoedit q&a in the ifoedit forum :). Extract the palette info from your original ifo and insert it into your newly authored ifo.