PDA

View Full Version : plz help with my sup

Granol
15th November 2003, 13:20
I tried to add a subtitle to dvd9...demux and mux the .mpv, ac3,sup and i never seen my new subtitle only the old ones in green and my video screen was really slow i tried like 20 times i read all the sub post, put 30 hours of my time trying this...but i cant

i tried a couples of subtitles but the thing is that when i use srt2sup to put srt to sup they always giving me a .sup file with 1ko and i think it is prolly why it doesn t work...seems like there is no data or almost no data in my sup file

why my sup is alway 1ko it is ok yes or no ?
if not how can i get a good .sup file

plz help me dunno what is wrong
im tired of trying without sucess and hope

i copy paste the colors code, mux demux

and another question do we just demux the files that contain the movie or we should demux and mux the menu the extras and all vbo files?

smiller667
15th November 2003, 19:20
Hi & welcome to the board ... just a few suggestions:

When you load the srt into srt2sup, you get the subs displayed in the middle right window, I assume. Did you hit the "All" button under that window? It will select all your subs for rendering. If no subtitle is rendered, you get a 1kb .sup file (ko=kb, I assume). It should be more like one to a few megabytes, depending on how talky the movie is.

Additionally, you can use the dvdsuptools (d/l from doom9) to analyze an existing .sup and extract images from it (to see if the sup was rendered correctly. The tools also come with dvdsupencode which allows you to render a sup file from a MicroDVD-like subtitle format.

Demuxing the movie vobs should be sufficient (but I am no expert at reauthoring).

Granol
15th November 2003, 23:47
big thx now i see my new subtitle

but its yellow with background color (and i copy paste old ifo colors)
and video is slow in ifoedit
i can t choose none of my subtitle when it plays in powerdvd

smiller667
17th November 2003, 22:58
Sorry, I don't have a ready-made solution for this one ... as for the sub colours, you will have to find palette entried which match both your old and new subs. Try to find settings for your subs so that you can use the same palette settings for both old & new. (afaik only the first 4 palette entries in PGC_ITI are for the subtitles, but I rather ignorant about this, consider me a noob).

Alternatively, rip you authored subs using subrip in bmp mode and use identical colour settings, save the script as MicroDVD & use dvdsupencode to generate new .sup files. Very cumbersome, there must be easier solutions.

SidDan
28th November 2003, 16:18
I have another problem with the Sup created from the Srt2Sup...

When it is done, muxed and all I see the characters transparent in the movie, no matter what colors I change to in the IFO file I can only change the outline color.

When I used that Srt2Sup program I didnīt have the trasparency box checked for the character, only for the background it was checked and it is trasparent in the movie,,,, which it should be.

Takes soo long time to play around with the global settings and I donīt find the DVDSUP tools here on doom9, neither on the web I can find and not even on the other site DVDrhelp

SidDan
28th November 2003, 19:06
ok that tool didnīt help me at all

pepipocpoc
1st December 2003, 16:15
I finally worked a way that satifies me (with smiller's help ;) ) with bmp subtitles, converted to sup with srt2sup, with right colors. It's tricky.

First of all, I batch-convert my bmp's (with irfanview ; negative & max contrast) so they show black thin text on white background, and I believe THIS is the trick.

Then, I convert to sup (srt2sup-open as bmp) making shure background is set to transparent in general settings.

Finally I author with ifoedit and process the color copy-paste (I generally choose yellow for the font color).

If by any (mis)chance the subs are not readable enough, I do a subrip-ocr on the newly authored vobs (then srt2sup-open as text, ifoedit, etc...), that allows to choose 4 colors :
-background
-text
-contour
-anti-alias

instead of 2 colors. The problem with srt2sub (I believe) is that it takes black for letters and white for background, so original BMPs show transparent subtiles, and ifoedit colors can't correct this. Correct ME if I'm wrong.

Hope this helps you.

Srt2Sup
3rd December 2003, 14:26
Hi,

It is trickey adding subtitles to an existing DVD because the subtitle pallets do clash!

The easist way is to reauthor all of the subtitles you want in Srt2Sup. You can extract the existing subtitles using SubRipper to Srt files and then save them as S2S files.

Version a4.02 allows you to set the subtitle colour mapping, but was proving far to complicated for the average user. I can provide it to you if you really want it?

If the transparency & colours are set to what you want in Srt2Sup and these colours are then transfered to the IFO file then you should have correct subtitle colours on your DVD.

Regards

Srt2Sup

pepipocpoc
3rd December 2003, 15:12
@srt2sup

erm... I'm embarrassed, but are you sure of the version? I'm usin a4.03...

Nevertheless, if you could explain me (us, in fact :rolleyes: ) how to handle to the best bmp-based subs, it would be nice -or give a link ;) . I find satisfying the way I'm used to (see higher), but am pretty certain that's not the BEST way : for example, I totally miss outline and antialiasing...

It generally is enough, but sometimes the newly re-authored DVD hasn't much readable subs and I have to re-extract (ocr subrip) these subs, re-srt2sup, re-author, rre-color, re-burn, re-rats-the-sun-is-bright-what-the-hell-am-I-doing-nailed-to-this-damn-computer.

Woops! I forgot... Another question : I use vob2sub to extract SVCD's subs ; do you know another prog that can do this? And how to use the "palette"?

10x

Pepi.

Today's translation :
A guy who says every day that the end of days is for tomorrow will necessarily be right ; but not yesterday.

Srt2Sup
3rd December 2003, 15:43
Hi,

a4.03 is the latest version, but this only allows you to set the subtitle colours and not change the mapping between colour positions and colour functions.

So in a4.03 the order of [background][outline][text][anti-alias] is fixed. In version a4.02 you can change this order!

If you can get to a point where you have text SRT files for all the subtitles you want you should be able to go straight from SRT to SUP and not use bitmaps at all.

I am sorry I do not understand your pallet 10x question ;-(

Just remember if it wasy easy anybody could do it!

Regards

Srt2Sup

pepipocpoc
3rd December 2003, 16:14
Hi again.

"10x" is just an short way I often use to say "many thanks". Sorry about that.

Yes yes, I would like to try this a4.02 version.

Then, about text or bmp, indeed, if that was that simple :rolleyes: ...

I have find only two ways to get text-based subs FROM SVCDs ; both using vob2sub, the only prog I know that can extract subs from SVCDs.

The first one is to :
- extract all subs (vob2sub)
- batch-convert the bmps (irfanview)
- OCR them (readiris)
- join OCRized text files (mailmerge), and put it in sub files
- edit the vob2sub's *.sub files (ultraedit) and save as *.srt
- convert to sup (srt2sup)

Very hard, and soooooo looooooong.

The second one is to :
- extract all subs (vob2sub)
- batch-convert the bmps (irfanview)
- edit the vob2sub's *.sub files (ultraedit)
- convert to sup (srt2sup)
- author *.m2v & *.sup's (ifoedit)
- OCR newly authored VOBs (subrip)
- re-convert srt to sup
- re-author again.

Against all expectatives, it is much more quick and easy. I would like so much a prog that could directly OCR SVCDs...

About "palette", it's in VOB2SUB GUI, there is a choice, in "DVD palette file", of a "palette.txt", and I wondered how to use it. But if you don't know it, it doesn't really matter. Just curioused.

Et hop!
10x ;)

Srt2Sup
3rd December 2003, 16:36
Hi,

I am updating my web to put a link to the old version. Check in a couple of hours at:

www.shipleys.eclipse.co.uk

And click on Srt2Sup.

Warning - This version is more complicated to use and does not support anti-alias!

Regards

Srt2Sup