PDA

View Full Version : longer subs

malik
11th November 2003, 07:21
I wanted to cut some scenes from a dvd so I used DVDshrink to cut the videos and it created separate vobs whith separate ifos so I joined the vobs using VobEdit then demuxed them using the same program (Video and Audio Only) then I used subrip to rip the subtitle from the vobs then I put them all in DVDMaestro but I found out that the subtitle is longer than the video so and I found that the delays are in the scenes I cut so I used subtitle workshop to delay back the wrong lines but I couldnt fix them all each time I fix some lines the other lines gets wrong so is there any other way to get the subtitles correct?

sorry for my english and plz I need help :(

malik
11th November 2003, 16:42
PLEASE :scared:

malik
12th November 2003, 04:14
I wanted to remove some small scenes from a DVD movie and reAuther it again to make it like the original so here is what I have done:

1- I used DVD shrink to cut out the small scenes then it created a dvd folder with multi ifos but I want just the main IFO and another one for the whole movie.

2- so I used VobEdit to join the clips (vobs).

3- then usd IfoEdit to create a new Ifo to these vobs.

4- so now I want to reAuther it again using DVDMaestro so I demuxed the video and Audio using VobEdit.

5- I used SubRip to rip the subtitles from the vobs plus the Ifo then I saved the file as stl to use it in DVDMaestro.

6- I started DVDMaestro and imported the assets and created the menus and everything AND imported the subtitle file but I found that it is longer than the video itself that means they are not syncronized.

7- I started subtitlesWorkShop to find the problem and I found out that there is a small delay at the scenes I cut out but when I tryed to delay it back it fixed but others gets wrong so couldnt fix them all but also the delay isnt just in those points they are in every where in the subtitle file.

PLEASE HELP

malik
13th November 2003, 02:31
anyone :scared:

Abond
14th November 2003, 16:03
What are you using to preview if the subs are in synch?

malik
15th November 2003, 05:53
am just comparing the show time an hide time with the video but I dont know how to synch it and even If I do I think its no the problem (I think) that means maybe am wrong. ;)