PDA

View Full Version : need help

yakuza
31st October 2003, 22:42
first of all, i know there are guides for this. but i have read them carefully, and tried to apply them, but i always end up with an error message somewhere. i just cant get it to work. with all due respect to the ppl who spent time writing them, they lack detailed step by step instructions. being an utter and complete newbie, even to ripping, there are just some things i dont get.
so i DLed these sub files from a site, because getting the subs myself from the DVD, didnt go. tried from the vob files on the HD, but got even less further than from the DVD, using Vobsub.
i followed the instructions on incorporating the subs indefinitely to the AVI file, but it doesnt go.

Tuning
1st November 2003, 03:05
i followed the instructions on incorporating the subs indefinitely to the AVI file, but it doesnt go.
Hope you want to embedd subs into avi.For this you need virtualDubMod.Convert your subs into *.srt using Vobsub's SubResync app.
Then load this SRT file as one of the streams in streams section(Same as doing mp3 muxing).Use default settings for subs and set directstream copy Video and Audio.Then save as avi.
Some times the d/l'd subs may be out of sync,which you need to adjust.Check out the guides here:[http://www.doom9.org/subtitle_guides.htm]

:) - Tuning