PDA

View Full Version : subrip4lin

antonovich
26th October 2003, 23:55
Hey there Zuggy (or anyone who knows how to get hold of him or anyone else in the know about subrip),
Just wanted to know if you were still out there... I have been searching in vain for an easy to use and install subtitle ripper for linux and have found nothing. I understand that subrip was opened up with an eye to someone porting it to linux - I have been able to find nothing. Now I am a complete newbie, and will probably take about 4 years to even get the code into an editor, but I would like to try and port it IF NO ONE ELSE HAS DONE SO. My main motivation here is to have subrip under linux (not under wine, which is ugly). I have to do some coding in Delphi this summer (southern) so thought it would be fun to try. I am completely new to Delphi, and a real novice programmer, so I will almost certainly stuff it up and waste enormous amounts of time...
Do you have any advice? Anything would be better than nothing, and if anyone knows of even a beginning of a port then that would save me some time!
Cheers
Antonovich