PDA

View Full Version : Ripping exact subtitle problems with SubRip

dvd_master
24th October 2003, 04:51
I'm trying to rip exactly the subtitles from a DVD using the newest SubRip.

When I get it to save the bitmaps, no matter what color settings or settings I choose, it is cropped and ignores the colors I chose for it.

Then when I import the SON into Maestro, regardless, the bitmaps are.... warped beyond recognition. Even though the bitmaps themselves look fine, as well as a VERY bad color scheme.

The old subrip rips the bitmaps perfectly, but it doesn't convert to SON, so I'm literally stuck.

If it's worth montioning, I do change the timings back about 5 minutes (there's 5 minutes I cut out of the video), so I use Subtitle Workshop to reset the times, and then I just cut out some of the subtitles (say 1-98) since I cut out the 5 minutes those subs correspond to.

Can someone help?

smiller667
24th October 2003, 16:17
Afaik, subtitle bmps on a dvd are not always fullscreen - this might be the case for yours. It is just that certain authoring programs want them fullscreen.

To make them fs, check the "allow resize" and input your fullscreen resolution. If you want to change the positioning, you are out of luck - this is apparently not possible if you resize to fullscreen.

As for the color settings - I have never done subs for maestro, so I am of little help there. Did you try the custom colors as opposed to the presets?