PDA

View Full Version : About ASS format

Rahvin
18th October 2003, 22:44
I've been using ssa for making subs for some time now, but recently I found out, that there is ass format, and tried it, but I've got some qustions, because I can figure it out by myself:

1. Where can I get a plugin for VirtualDub that hardsubs ass?
2. How can I make 'rubies' over the japanese kanji? (because positionig it other line and in smaller font is rather hard sometimes)

I'd be grateful for any help :)

Rahvin

I know, that this question is rather offtopic, but maybe somebody knows: how to write japanese characters in Adobe premiere or AfterEffects? Even thou I use japanese font (MS Mincho) all I see is some weird things.

R.

bill_baroud
24th October 2003, 21:00
1. The filter is "Textsub" which came with Vobsub from Gabest.
Well it's now know as "VSFilter" for avisynth, dunno if it has been updated for virtualdub

get it here (http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/guliverkli/vsfilter_20030829.zip?download)

2. For rubies, i remember Liisachan asking for it in USF, and it was made part of specs iirc, but for SSA/ASS you have to do it "by hand".

For fonts in After Effect, did you choose the right encoding in the font dialog ? it should have a switch defaulted to "Occidental".

Rahvin
24th October 2003, 21:16
ths for aswers :)
but where can I find this 'occidental' thing? I choose new->title
then select type tool and for example MSMincho, in the multiple choice box at the botom of font dialog I choose 'japanese' but I still cannot use japanese leters :( i import the japanese words from JWPce
I'm a newbie in Premiere, so...

Rahvin

bill_baroud
27th October 2003, 14:52
well i'm a newbie too :p

find a way to convert the japanese text in JPWCE in ascii, and put this text in Première with the right encoding (japanese like you did). It's how it works in ssa though ({\fe128} ;) )

Zarxrax
27th October 2003, 19:37
To use japanese in Premiere or After Effects, you must set your operating system to japanese.