PDA

View Full Version : Problems with wmp9 ogm subtitles.....grrr

Wilsonics
16th October 2003, 00:47
I have been scratching my head over this ogm subtitle thing for a few days now, and seem to have gotten nowhere. I got the OGM file to play, and the multiple language tracks work fine in wmp9, but i can't get the subtitles to display. Is there some plugin that i don't have? I've never worked with these ogm files before, and i don't know much about them, so how can i tell if the subtitles are actually available inside the file?

Any help that anyone could give would be appreciated....i've already tried subviewer3 & that didn't work....and a few others.

thx

Wilsonics
18th October 2003, 00:57
*duh*

Well, after hours of labor, i finally figured it out, using graphedit to see what data was going to what filters, and how it traveled down the path to the end display renderer.

I got the subtitles to display after i figured out that i had divxg400 in there, and ffdshow....i uninstalled everything including vobsub2.23, but then reinstalled only vobsub, and learned of the handy icon in the system tray that you can configure the settings in realtime. I got the subtitles to display, but i also had the captions setting to "on if available" in the play menu of windows media player 9, which displayed the video, but clips (instead of overlaying) the video with the subtitles, and in a weird font. So, i turned that to "subtitles off", and then the clipping problem went away.

I guess vobsub is the only program you need.

hope this helps somebody ;-)