PDA

View Full Version : generate bitmap based subtitle

student_007
6th October 2003, 12:24
Hi

My problem is, that i've got a mpeg 4 video file, and i want to generate my own subtitles for it. Instead of text I want to display geometric shapes in the film.
I found a usefull program to generate .sup files (for ifoedit) from bitmaps. It works well but i can't display these subtitles while watching the film. The idea is to generate .sub files for VobSub so I can watch them in mplayer or on a Windows PC. I only found a tool (subtosup) to convert VobSub subtitles. What I need is a suptosub converter!

To auther a new DVD and then to rip the subtitle is not what i like to do!

Can anybody help me?

Thanks a lot

smiller667
6th October 2003, 13:09
Originally posted by student_007
To auther a new DVD and then to rip the subtitle is not what i like to do!It is not that bad - basically just mux your sup into any mpeg2 video & you are done with "authoring".
I'd be happy to learn of a more straightforward method, though ...

student_007
6th October 2003, 14:00
To build a DVD I need a mpeg2 video file.
I think, correct me if I'am wrong, IfoEdit only generates new DVD if you insert a mpeg2 file, an ac3 sound file and a subtitle file (optional).
I have no sound for my video, and I'd like to keep the mpeg 4 video!
I'd like to use mpeg 4 as a videostrem in the net, so creating a new DVD is not what i'm looking for. :(

But thanks for your reply!

smiller667
6th October 2003, 15:40
Originally posted by student_007
To build a DVD I need a mpeg2 video file.
I think, correct me if I'am wrong, IfoEdit only generates new DVD if you insert a mpeg2 file, an ac3 sound file and a subtitle file (optional).Wrong :). No audio is required for muxing in ifoedit (and you could use mp2 audio, btw).

What I meant is use some dummy video, multiplex your sup into a vts & then re-rip using vobsub ... I know you don't like it, but I simply don't know if there is another way to get an idx/sub pair. From the vobsub.txt file:

"Q: What format is your sub file? Can I insert my own bitmaps?
A: It is only a stripped vob containing only the subtitle related blocks. And no."

Steve

student_007
6th October 2003, 16:00
To Steve.

For the first video that might be ok, but i'd like to generate these file automaticly. It's a projekt with a roboter playing football or other things and many videos!!!!!!! I need a solution to program in C! But I'll prototype it the way you told me.
There must be an easyer way... Maybe someone knows the programmer of subtosup or knows it's source... so I or someone else coul modify :D

I know the quotation of gabest (VobSub readme file) you did. :(

ButI'll find a way! :)

See u

Marc

smiller667
6th October 2003, 21:30
Make sure to post when you find a way - I would be very much interested :).