PDA

View Full Version : Selectable Subtitles - How ?

Sprettur
28th September 2003, 06:35
Hey there! I am a relative newbie in the ripping world, although I've managed to learn (with great help from the Doom9 Guides) how to successfully rip and store my DVD's with seperate .srt subtitle files. What I'm wondering, however, is this: I have seen in .ogm files selectable Subtitles... where the subtitle file is embedded into the .ogm file it self, but is still selectable. Is there no way to do the same with DivX ? I've read the DivX guides from cover to cover... even tried reading it upside down, but I see no information about the possibility of this. Anyone? Is it possible, and if so, could you point me in the general direction of some sort of guide ?

Sincerely,
Arni V. Bjorgvinsson

Tuning
28th September 2003, 07:15
U can MUX the subtitles as u do using mp3 files.Use VirtualDubMod for the same.The VDM only supports *.srt files.As because of some overhead space utilization the final size of avi will be more than combined two.The same procedure is viable for other formats like OGM/MKV(matroska).For more look in to Vub/VdubMod procedures in guides section.:)

Is there no way to do the same with DivX ?
The DivX is a compression codec name and not a container format.OGM is a container format and can use DivX as its video compression.Don't be confused.;)

Sprettur
28th September 2003, 07:35
The DivX is a compression codec name and not a container format.

:sly: Aw shucks.... of course I meant AVI :D

For more look in to Vub/VdubMod procedures in guides section.

Thank you kindly, I will look into that!

Sincerely,
Arni V. Bjorgvinsson

Tuning
28th September 2003, 07:49
newbie in the ripping world
Sorry Arni V. Bjorgvinsson,This made me to think so.:( .Hope u got help!:)

Sprettur
28th September 2003, 07:54
Arni (Read Arnie in English) will suffice thank you ;)

I looked into the guides and at first glance didn't see anything about submuxing... (which makes me think about learning how to work the "submux.exe" file I have... hmmm...) now, since VirtualDubMod is currently encoding a file, I will pause further exploration of the subtitle MUXing for now.. hope I get it to work some time this century ;)

Thanks again.

Sincerely,
Arni V. Bjorgvinsson

Tuning
28th September 2003, 08:06
@Arni

You can open muliple VDM @ same time.The procedure is simple as muxing the mp3/ogg files to containers.>>

In the stream list add ur *.srt file and use the default interleaving,Click OK and save ur avi file.That is It.U can also mux different language subtitles in to this by same procedure.Then u can enable /disable different subtitles (one @ atime)in vobsub filter section.(green arrow coming over system tray):)

Tuning
28th September 2003, 08:26
@AR3A51
The last post was meant to arni and not urs.I think u want to permenantly encode the sutitles in to ur avi and then convert them into some other formats.There is a option in vitual dub to perform this.But i had never done this and i don't have SVCD players etc.From the Gordian Knot Tab >in subtitles >"To permanently encode subtitles (eg. for VCD/SVCD) you can also load these subtitle-files into an avisynth-script (.avs)" is shown.It will be better to ask in GK forum on how to permenantly encode subtitles using GK.Some Expert could answer this.But I cannot and i'm not a expert in this.:(. Hope any one will help u.Bye.

Sprettur
28th September 2003, 08:29
You can open muliple VDM @ same time.
Yeah well.... my 1700 Cellery isn't quite up to such a task, especially since I am also ripping the next DVD to be encoded at the same time :D
In the stream list add ur *.srt file and use the default interleaving,Click OK and save ur avi file.That is It.
That sounds simple enough... I'll try that tomorrow (it's 7:30am and I should get to bed :)). Thank you once again!

Sincerely,
Arni V. Bjorgvinsson